Friday 24 September 2010

The best....

Im still sick, feeling worse than yesterday, running a temperature and have been on the verge of fainting a couple of times just by walking to the bathroom. So most of the day has been spent on the sofa, watching tv, reading a trashy magazine and sleeping.
I am a bit worried about working next week, and I feel guilty to let my colleagues down and make their workingdays so much harder. I guess I am a bit "damaged" from working in numerous companies in the U.K where we - the emplyees - were made to feel incredibly guilty for being sick and more or less bullied into coming back to work earlier than we really wanted to.

I remember the knot in my stomach when I had to call in and say that I just wouldnt be able to make it in because I was running a temperature, or I had the flu or I had a stomachbug. And get the icecold reply "FINE! Well YOU know how hard it is to work without one staffmember..."
And then it was just to sit and wait for the call that would come three days later: "When are you coming back? There are other people who are off sick now, so we really need you!"
Obviously it is flattering that a manager thinks so highly of me that the whole business is falling apart without me...but when you are ill, you just need to be left to rest and get better.

Anyway, I didnt need to have worried, because here, I have the best colleagues in the world! They just told me to get better, call them on Monday and let them know if I was coming or not, and just spend the weekend resting. They also told me they feel very sorry for me.
Isnt that lovely? Just what you want to hear.
I will have an early night tonight and hopefully get some more sleep than I did last night, and with a bit of luck and plenty of rest and fluid I will be fit as a fiddle by Monday.
I hope you all have a good start of the weekend.



Listen to this, I am trying to squeeze out the last drops of summer with this song. Even though I am looking forward to the darker evenings, the cool crisp mornings and the countdown to christmas.

But this song keeps the summer here for just a few more hours.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share