Monday 9 January 2012

DREAM HOUSE

So my christmas holiday is over, I went back to school today. We already have homework, which I should have done tonight, but instead I watched a film..I really fancied something scary tonight so I thought Dream House would be a good option.
Directed by Jim Sheridan and with Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in the leads I thought it would be a great film.

A couple (Will and Libby) lives with their two little girls in a nice big house, he has just left his job to spend more time with his family and write a book. The house they have just bought used to belong to a family similar to them where the father one day shoots his wife and daughters. The neighbourhood is wary of the house and one night Will discovers that a group of teenagers is holding some form of seans in the basement.
The girls see a strange man creeping around the house, looking through the windows in the house and Will tries to catch whoever it is and he digs a bit deeper in what actually happened to the family who lived there before them. He gets no help from the ploice but he is eventually lead to a psychiatric hospital where he finds out something he probably wasnt prepared for.

I dont know if I just havent found any good horrorfilms lately or if I have just become braver at this age...
Because I didnt get scared...It was a very good film, I enjoyed it a lot, but I didnt hide behind a pillow like I would have done three years ago.
If you enjoy thrillers (but Im not sure this is classed as a thriller) with a psychotic twist I highly recommend this film. Here is the trailer, watch it!

13 comments:

Bali Hotels - Booking Hotels Bali said...

Nice article and good videos.............a great blog

Dexter Jan said...

Nice blog!
I was not able to watch the movie yet but looking for a copy from a friend, then I could even share my comments about it.
Thanks for sharing!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

That was a really scary movie! You have to try ”Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and “Wrong Turn” as well. God Bless!

Storm Damage Appointment said...

I love horror movies, but it's sad that I didn't able to watch this , hope I could borrow a copy from a friend soon. Thanks for sharing!

simply work at home said...

I'm not that so fond of horror movies..but just so thankful to read this blog of yours. Keep it up!

Enlightenment said...

Horror movies creates a whole lot of stress in me so I kept on avoiding them. What I love most are romantic comedies without killing the leading actors in the end. I do watch a lot of spiritual shows too because it brings some kind of clean thoughts in me to become more understanding, more patient, more thankful and a lot more...

THE SECRET said...

I don't watch horror movies that much. I prefer romantic movies. In which you could relate your real situation to the story.

Global Online Shopping for Cool Gadgets from China said...

That kind of movie will just stress you out. But, it creates a lot of thrill within you. You get scared and puzzled but had fun at the same time. Isn't it?

web design burnley said...

I prefer suspense movies that horror movies. I don't want to have a heart attack, lol

The Secret Experiment and Search for Enlightenment said...

I love horror movies so much. But unfortunately, I never had the chance to watch this "Dream house". I'll try to find a copy soon.

Online shopping for cheap electronics gadgets with free shipping said...

Dream house... sounds like a very inspiring movie! It is something being achieved or what? Will try to check this out. thanks!

Life Motivation said...

I do like watching this movie...so scary....I just laugh hearing my little sister shout :)

tour packages said...

I love watching this horror movie. It's one of my favorite.

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share