Friday 30 December 2011

The ´Terminal and Sex and the city2

I certainly have been spoiled with time to watch films this christmasholiday. Last night I was up til two am watching "The terminal", I have just finished watching "Sex and the city2" and on chanel 5 "Con Air" just started.
I will start by writing about "The Terminal"
It came out in 2004 so its not a brand new film, but I dont think you can call it a classic either.
It is directed by Steven Spielberg, which almost guarantees a brilliant, wellmade film. Which it - in my oppinion - is. For some reason I have never seen the whole film, Ive seen the beginning and the middle, but not at the same time and Ive never seen how it ends. But last night I sat and watched the whole film with no interruptions!

I remember hearing that the film was - or based on a - true story, so I had to google it today and it is not as much based as inspired by a true story.
The true story was of Merhan Nasseri who lived at Charles DeGaulle Airport from August 1988 to August 2006, when he was taken from the terminal due to an illness. An Iranian political refugee, Nasseri became stuck when his refugee certification documents were stolen from him in France, en route from Belgium to England. Without the papers, he was unable to enter England; Belgium did not permit refugees to return once they had left the country; and France would not allow him to stay because he could not prove his identity. As such, he became stuck at the airport.

In the film the man is called Viktor Navorski who gets stuck at JFK airport.
Whilst being in the air his country Krakhozia starts a revolution so his passport is not valid anymore. He is then denied entry into America and he cant go back to Krakhozia either. So he sets up home in the airport, where he meets a lot of different people and a lot of funny incidents take place.
The cast is very good with Tom Hanks playing Viktor, Catherine Zeta Jones as Amelia, the flight attendant Viktors meet everytime she gets into the airport.
Stanley Tucci (The Devil wears Prada, Julie and Julia to name two) plays the airport manager, Diego Luna (Dirty Dancing 2) plays Enrique Cruz who is a luggage sorter and then Zoe Saldana (Avatar!) plays the immigration officer who Enrique is in love with.

I give this film MMMM and recommend you all to rent it! It is funny and makes you feel good and Tom Hanks is brilliant as Viktor Navorski.


Sex and the city 2
I think most of you have seen it, some of you might class it as a really good film? Unfortunately I cant agree, it is not a good film, because there is no real story in my opinion.
Well, sure the girls go on holiday together and they all behave how you expect them to behave. But I cant find a "red line" there...
To start with Stanford and Anthony gets married and Liza Minelli is the minister. I cant help why on earth she is there...But I like Mirandas comment: "Whenever there is this gay energy in one room Liza manifests"
At the wedding Samantha meets a man she has to sleep with (obviously) I really dont get how someone has to be that loud everytime they have sex. It is like someone is killing her in a pleasant way. It is just like a parody now, I dont find it liberating or "fresh", it is just annoying.
Then Smith comes back for all of two minutes, only to take Samantha to the premiere of his new film and introduse her to a man who wants to break into the filmindustry. Then we dont get to see him anymore. Which is a shame..He is hot!
Then there is Charlottes nanny.. An Irish girl - Erin - who doesnt wear a bra. Ever!
So she bounces wherever she goes, which is not realistic.. No woman with Erins "assets" would be able to be without a bra for more than half an hour, and she certainly wouldnt be able to jump or do cartwheels like Erin does.
So Im not sure why they have made the poor girl braless, she must have had such a sore back at the end of filming everyday.

The girls then arrive in Abu Dhabi and are obviously overwhelmed by it all, I dont blame them, I would be aswell. But then Carrie just happens to bump into Aidan... and they kiss.. and then we dont see Aidan anymotre..So I dont see the point of him being in the film either.
Then Samantha gets arrested for kissing in a public place and the girls are no longer on a free trip.
They have an hour to get out of the hotel and get to the airport, but Carrie realises that she has let her passport at the market where she met Aidan. So the girls obviously has to go back to find it. Ofcourse Samantha gets them in trouble again since she feels the need to thrust her pelvis at some arabic men and shout "Yes I have sex"
But luckily they are rescued by some women who give them niquabs to dress in and then get to the airport unnoticed.

So no, I cant say that this is a very good film. But I still like it... But what I like is the clothes that the girls wear, the designs of the houses and the make-up.
And the music is fantastic!
I love when the girls are in a karaeokebar and sing "I am woman" watch this



I dont know what genre I shal put this film into... But I think all women should watch it, just to dream, fantasize and get inspired, but at the same time I am quite glad that as far as we know now...there are no plans to make a third film.
Even though I love these ladies, I think they have told us their story now..
So it is time for us to go back to 1998 and watch all the series from the beginning. I think I might just do that.
I will put the trailer up for you to watch...just so you can remember how much you love or dislike this film.

1 comment:

online travel agency said...

I admit that I love watching this one. I love their style & the fashion trends. They are all good actresses I may say.

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share