Monday 19 October 2009

Weekend with Teddy

It is Monday evening, and aprox 24 hrs since I came back home after a weekend away in Stockholm with another of my favourite people in the whole world.
I arrived two hours late on thursday night. We got held up outside Nassjo where there was an accident on the rails.
A lady who was sitting across the isle adviced me to reclaim my ticket from SJ since we got held up for such a long time, so I will be doing another trip up to our capital soon hopefully.

Anyway, after finally getting to Teddy's house and settling in the very comfortable guest room, we had a cup of tea and a sandwich before crashing in bed around 11pm.
Teddy is one of these people who will make the public urinals at the train station look and feel cosy if she got the opportunity.
I remember when she still lived at home with her mum, here in Malmo, their home was beautifully decorated and they always put out gorgeous christmas decorations. One year I arrived to their flat and as the door opened something flew up in the air and slowly fell onto my hair and in my face.
"What on earth..?"
Teddy and her mother had put sequins shaped as christmas trees, sleighs and father christmas on the chest in the hall way...the two of them had learned how to slowly slide through the door so not to make a mess in the hall way.
Me on the other hand I had never learned this, so the sequins blew away everytime I came to their house that christmas...

But back to this weekend..
I slept very well that night and had breakfast with Teddy's mum who had been up during the week.
We met up with Teddy for lunch in a nursery where they serve delicious sandwiches and home made tea.
The rest of the day was spent relaxing and reading my book, waiting for Teddy to finish work, when we drove to the centre for a bit of shopping and more gossiping.
We bought pizza for everyone before coming home which was enjoyed in the kitchen before watching Idol.
Again me and Teddy stayed up for a while, chatting.
Teddy is so easy to be around and be with.
I always feel relaxed in her company, there is no drama, I always feel most like myself after spending time with her.

Saturday night we went out in Stockholm with Louise, startin off in a hip, trendy bar where we drank coctails and tried to talk over the loud music.
Whereas it was great being out with the girls I wasnt enjoying myself very much, I felt uncomfortable and on edge, I was already thinking of how soon I could excuse myself and get the girls to come home with me.
No need though, we went on to a restaurant/bar with a dancefloor downstairs. Im not a "dancing queen" anymore. I just dont like it, I feel like everyone is staring at me and I feel extremely unrythmical.
Not saturday night though, I think there was something in the air, I danced and danced and danced.
I felt on top of the world and I could have stayed there for a few more hours, but at 2.30 am we decided that we needed to get a cab and get our bootys home to bed.

Yesterday morning I slept til 10am and had a lazy morning before Teddy drove me to the station and I got the train home.
I travelled 1st class which was totally worth the extra 10 kronor to sit in a single seat with plenty of legroom.

Im already checking the prizes for a trip up after christmas, cant wait to spend another weekend with Teddy and her family.



One of the great tunes we were busting the grooves to on saturday night.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Great for you! You go girl!

xxx

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share