Saturday 3 October 2009

Long time no see....

I talked to a friend earlier, and she asked me if I wasn't writing my blog anymore?
And I realised I haven't written since our reunion...two weeks ago!
Shame on me...but I will use the excuse that I have started my courses and since I was late applying I have had a lot to catch up on.
I have even managed to have my first maths exam. I think it went well, but you can never tell for sure, can you?

My English tutor is impressed by my writing skills and is pushing me and coaching me towards the top grade I told him I need to have on this course.
Last Sunday I started my course for creative writing. I think I will enjoy that too, so I am feeling very positive and full of energy at the moment.

In my first english assignment I had to read a piece about communication and how we communicate in different ways depending on age, gender, bodylanguage and the
"Art of Talking Without Talking", which is something us women are particularily good at.

"My first encounter with the ATWT came in my teenage years while I was hanging out in the park. I was minding my own business when a random girl appeared from nowhere, stood next to me without saying a single word for half an hour, then dissapeard. Next day at school I discovered that Melanie Chissock and I were now officially "going out" how did that happen?"

When I read that paragraf I was thrown back some 22-23 years when I was going out with Jonathan (that is not his real name, but I have to protect his identity)
I don't think he knew we were going out,but I was fairly besotted and went round his house and ate apple crumble that his mum had made.
For me,in my head that was a perfect date. Later on he accidentally broke my bike and I decided we were no longer dating!
So I skipped out of his life, him none the wiser that he had been my boyfriend but was now dumped.

Last night over dinner with C and J I told this story and with C's sharp wit and same dry humour as myself she convinced me that I had to write about it today.
C and J are two of my favourite girls, I feel so happy, blessed and fortunate to have them (and the others too) back in my life.
They have just opened up their lives for me to join them without it being strange or difficult. I am meeting friends every week and doing things, be it just coffee or lunch or something more adventurous like dinner and dance.
I am realising everyday that I am truly happy.

Outside is raining and storming and I love it, because I can snuggle up in my cosy armchair with a good book which I will now!

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share