Tuesday 22 September 2009

The reunion of class 6A



So, we had our reunion on Saturday night. It was so much fun, this is me at aprox 3am, I am surprised to look this good, but then again Carolina is a very good photographer.
We were seven girls who met up at Sophie's flat for a glass of wine, snacks and music from 1986-1989 on spotify.
Most of these girls have I met up with a few times since I moved back from England, so it felt good to meet beforehand and calm our nerves. There was however one girl, whom I havent seen since sometime in 1990 that I was particular curious about. We were best friends for a few years and I always felt she had an almost mystical aura around her, I also remember her passion for history and other things "mystical" as she used to say herself.

She is a fellow blogger and the one who inspired me to make my own blog "public" (If you google my name, this blog comes up!! cool eh?)
She has a way of writing which most times mesmerises me and Im sometimes in awe of the way she writes about her life, what she has experienced and where she has been clubbing.
She writes in detail about her clothes (although her blog is not a "fashion blog") her spa treatments and her gym regimes and I have been looking forward to seeing her for a long time.
Then there she was, on sky high Christian Louboutin's, a black figure hugging dress (which Im guessing is Chanel, but I could be vastly wrong, I know nothing about labels, lets face it) and lots of flowing locks.
She smiled a huge smile and hugged me, then she spoke and I realised her accent have changed to a more "Stockholm accent" far from the southern accent she and the rest of us had in school. I teased her a little about it, because I just couldnt let it pass, but only in a friendly manner and since she is truly a classy lady she took it on the chin.

Shortly afterwards we got a cab to the restaurant, where some of our classmates were waiting, it was so good to see them again, the boys have grown to be strapping handsome men and the girls have all blossomed into swans.
Im guessing we were all feeling a bit nervous, but with the good food and drink we seemed to relax and just enjoyed a great great evening.
Me, Sophie and Frida had prepared a "Quizz" from "happenings" whilst we were in school and a few "what happened next" questions.
As we started the questions I felt my stomach flipping and I thought "What if we got these questins wrong..? What if someone says I never did or said that!!" But I didt need to have worried..the quizz was a hit and everyone enjoyed it and laughed about more memories it brought up..

As the night was heading to an end some of us stood outside and realised there was one beer and three glasses of whiskey that hadnt been paid for, which I guess can easily happen when there are so many people trying to split the bill. I was just about to say that we could each ship in 20 kronor or something when two of the guys went in and paid for it.
True gentlemen...

Since the restaurant closed at midnight we headed back to Sophies flat for some more talking and drinking, she doesnt live far from the restaurant but I had trouble walking in my shoeas just like Susanne had so we felt the need of a taxi, and again, like true gentlemen Micke and Chrisopher joined us, Micke also walked ahead of me to make sure I didnt step in dog poo on the grass.

There is really only one word that can describe this evening: SUCCESS
We will meet next year again, this time we probably wont be as nervous.
Thankyou 6A twenty years later, it was a blast.

2 comments:

Susanne Waldau - te Brake said...

Thanks for the kind words! And likewise...you have a talent for writing which I hope you will continue to explore.

The reunion was a blast, enjoyed it immensely. And if you ever feel like a break to NL, just let me know. Our guestroom is yours!

Sx

Susanne Waldau - te Brake said...

PS: I love the picture....it's very atmospheric. xxx

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share