Tuesday 1 September 2009

Halfway there

I am on my way!
We set off around lunch time yesterday, drove through Denmark and took the ferry from Rodby to Puttgarten in Germany. I realised I havent been on a ferry since I was a child and went on holiday with my parents so I was vastly excited standing in line for a sandwich I couldnt really define the flavour of, lightly swinging from side to side as the ferry left the port and straining my ears, trying to understand what the woman on the loudspeaker was saying. Without result. It is also a must to look in the duty free shop, even though its not duty free anymore but rather expensive.
But I bought some Swedish sweets to take with me to my god children, jam packed with E-nrs that I will give them just before I leave (moahahaha)
The weather in germany was good,the traffic ran smoothly and we drove til about 8pm when we found a cosy little German hotel. After a toasted sandwich and a glass of wine we fell asleep in comfortable beds.

This morning we awoke pretty early and went down for a lovely breakfast of cereal, yoghurt, fresh breads, ham and pickled ghurkins. Yum!
We left the hotel at 9am.
What we have discovered today is not to trust a sat nav!! It took us halfway to Austria...and told me to "do a U-turn NOW" whilst driving on the motorway. Eventually we turned her off and followed a map, and arrived in a town in Holland called Breda a couple of hours ago. We are staying in a brand new hotel, but since we have never stayed here before we got a very nice discount. Mum thinks that the man on reception fancies me, I think he dont. But our room is lovely, I dont think anyone has ever slept here yet to be honest. I have already checked out the breakfast restaurant, and I know that I will enjoy tomorrows breakfast!

So tomorrow morning we are setting off to Ramsgate, Im excited (there is another ferry trip included!!) and nervous and a bit more excited.
It is now 9pm, I can feel my eyelids getting heavy and I want to try out the cloud-look-a-like bed.
But first I think I need to go and find my mother, she wanted an Irish coffee and went down to the bar to write her diary at the same time. I bet she is chatting up that receptionist man "for me".

I bid you all a very good night.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share