Saturday 12 September 2009

Crayfish evening



The crayfish season is coming to an end, last night I was at my first crayfish shananigan in 13 years. It could have something to do with the fact that I dont eat crayfish or any other fish or anything else that comes from the sea for that matter.
I had a lovely bbq:ed steak with salad and jewish home made bread instead. The party hosts were Sara and Dan, they had requested that we arrived at 6 pm and I was a bit nervous walking through the gate since I dont really know any of their friends, we have met a couple of times but they know each other better than me.

There was no need for my worries, after half an hour Saras cousin Marie turned up who I hadnt seen for a good 15 years, we always got on well and last night was no difference, I also got to meet her husband who is one of those hysterically funny people. We sat together at the table and my sides were hurting from laughing whilst trying to eat.

Marie and Ola (the funny husband) went completely out of their way to give me a lift home which I apreciated tremendously. I would have booked a taxi, because there was no way I would have taken the bus and walked the 100 miles from the bus stop to my house (slight exaggeration..possible)

I woke up at 9am, and my hair hurt badly but after breakfast and some paracetamol I felt better and started looking forward to a relaxing saturday when I got a phonecall from work wondering if I could work today?
I hate being in the situation where I just cant say no....so I jumped into the shower and left my house with a bottle of water and the paracetamol package in my handbag. After a walk with a client and two more tablets I felt fine.

I am now curled up in front of the tv, watching a new American "soap", I dont think I will watch all of it, because my eye lids are getting heavy and I feel happy that today is saturday and tomorrow is another lazy day off....and Im meeting with Frida and Sophie for brunch and quizz writing.

I hope you have a good evening and a fab lazy sunday.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share