Sunday 29 August 2010

Dating disasters....

Sunday nights at 7pm a show called "Tough Love" is showed here on TV3. It is hosted by Steve Ward who aparently runs one of the most successful datingagencies in America with his mother. The programme is a dating bootcamp and shows eight girls who has had some problems in the dating department and now really wants to meet the love of their life and settle down.
Steve gives them advice on how to behave and challenges to complete when on dates with handsome eligable single men. One advice he gives to all girls, all over the world is: DONT BE WEIRD!
Well I have to say that goes for men aswell... Dont be weird!
I will now share my own dating experience ,from the past three months, with you.
This is actually true happenings but I am writing this piece with humour and can now laugh at it all, it is not meant to be misinterpreted as me concentrating on the negative side of everything.

So lets start with CC, I know I didnt write very much about him, because there was just not much time to. We met up a few times and at first I thought "This is a really great guy, he will get on with my friends and we will have a good time" then it took less than three days for me to change my mind.
I got a very strong vibe of controlling needs from him when he "adviced" me not to go to a particular place for drinks in our town. He told me that he wouldnt forbid me to go there, but if I still went there I would have to face the consequences afterwards. Because everything we do in our lives have consequences. I didnt agree with that. He asked me if I had ever been beaten by any of my exboyfriends? I think that is weird thing to ask someone. Or isnt it? Some time ago, he stood in the vestibule of my building buzzing my entry phone at two am. Asking why I havent answered his phonecalls? Personally I think that is the behaviour of a drunk twenty year old on a Saturday night, not a thirtyfive year old man on a Thursday. Or maybe I am wrong on that part aswell?

Then we have EC, who I met at the little square in my town on a Friday night at the beginning of summer. He is probably the most gorgeous man I have ever seen (not counting David Boreanaz) and I realised I was giggling everytime our eyes met across the crowd of people who was also out celebrating the weekend and the sunshine. EC came up and asked for a light (which I didnt have) and then we spent the rest of the evening together walking around the city talking, smiling, holding hands and talking some more. EC told me he is Greek, living in Paris, working as a photographer.
Unfortunately that was his last night and he flew back to Paris the following morning. During the summer we have kept in touch via msn and facebook and we talked about him coming to visit one weekend and me going to Paris in November. So imagine my surprise and somewhat utter horror when he one night tells me: "I am wearing a red thong, just for you" "I am your little girl, I want you to f**k me hard"
What I am curious to know is if I send out signals that I would enjoy a man in womens underwear in my bed?? And that I like little girls????
If so I need to do something radical straight away. How could I have misjudged him so badly?
Needles to say we are no longer on speaking terms, I am not going to Paris in November and I will bolt my door if he comes anywhere near this city again...

And the last one, Mo, whom I met back in December, we swapped numbers and I did want to go for dinner with him, but he was so intense I had to cancel. With intense I mean that he said. "What are you doing now?" "Uhm..nothing, just watching tv."
"Right Ill be over in 30 mins and you are coming to mine for thai-food"
I do realise that a lot of women (and men) are looking for that kind of spontainety, and I dont mind someone being spontaineous, when you know each other a bit more. But for the first date, I want a bit more notice to get ready and psyche myself up for it. So we didnt meet up that time.
However, last week he popped up on my msn and asked how I was bla bla, then asked if I was still intrested in going to dinner with him?
And I felt that might be just what I needed?
So we decided that we would meet on thursday.
On wedensday night I get a txt asking if I know how to get to his house?
Well, no, I dont know where he lives. So he gave me his address and asked me to rent a dvd on my way.
I said I didnt feel comfortable coming to his house on our first date and why would we watch a dvd? Wouldnt it be better if we talked and got to know each other?

HE THEN WROTE WITH CAPITAL LETTERS THAT THE PREVIOUS DAY I HAD TOLD HIM IT WOULD BE NICE. AND HE WAS DISAPPOINTED IN ME SINCE I HADNT CONTACTED HIM, AND WE WOULD NEVER HAVE GOT THIS DATE TOGETHER HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR HIM.

So I asked him if he was annoyed with me, since he seemed a bit irate...And I felt that he was very intense, whereas I like to take the day as it comes, not planning too much.
STILL WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS, MAKING ME FEEL LIKE WAS SHOUTING, HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS ALWAYS INTENSE, WHEREAS I OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT!! SO GOOD LUCK TO ME EVER FINDING A MAN.

We didnt meet up on Thursday night, but I probably didnt need to tell you that...
I can not stress enough, to both men and women: DONT BE WEIRD

So that is my dating disasters for this summer, hope it made you laugh a little bit at least.
But I am thinking more and more about matchmaking, and I feel that my friends and family should find my perfect man. They know me the best, which brings me to something else that Steve Ward says:
Most people dont see themselves like other people see them
I realise I am obviously doing something wrong, so I would like to put my dating and lovelife in my wonderful frineds hands. I trust You with my life and know You wouldnt pick someone who is unsuitable or weird.

So let me finish with a great song that is so true. All you need is love!

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share