Monday 2 August 2010

Bad judge of character

Speaking to a friend of Steven this morning and I got a feeling of deja vu.
The friend tells me that Steven had told him that he would "mess me about" when I left.
Which is obviously charming. Steven always knew how to make someone feel special, in fact, he made it into a sort of mission.
This time it didnt work though, I know that he tried, he sent me some very sweet messages telling me how much he missed me and wanted me to come back. I missed him and thought it was sweet, but something in the pit of my stomach told me that it wasnt for real, so I didnt invest any emotions in trying to work my thoughts and feelings out.
I dont know what his plan really was or if his new girlfriend - who is expecting his baby - was in on it aswell, but I see no reason why I shouldnt tell one of the truths now?

When me and Steven broke up and I left for Sweden, we made a promise to each other, I promised that when I came to England for a visit I would always contact him and we would meet up for coffee or dinner if he had time. He promised not to ignore me.
So when I was coming over for Bettys birthday party in the beginning of June I emailed him and told him when I would be arriving and would he be free to meet up?
Within half an hour he replied that of course he wanted to meet up. And come to think about it, maybe we could have a "bonus night"?
I gently reminded him of his girlfriend to which he replied that nothing much was happening between them and they might not be together by the time I arrived.
I dont know why I didnt stop there, I should have done, because I knew exactly where we were heading. He asked if I remembered certain things from when we were together, and ofcourse I remembered.
He talked about all that he misses and now looking back on that conversation I wanted him to continue, I wanted him to tell me that his new girlfriend is nothing compared to me. Just so that I could have it on paper. Incase there would ever come a day when I might need it...
Like today.
He didnt in so many words say that, but he did write things which would have devasted me, had I still been his girlfriend and he wrote to someone else.
And in seeing it in black and white. I knew that he was never faithful to me in the way I think you should be when you say that you are devoted to another person.
Maybe she already knows, maybe she was dictating to him? What do I know?
And I dont need to know.

What I do wonder though.. Is the friend telling the truth?
He has no reason to lie, it doesnt make sense if he is.
But it wouldnt be the first time two guys have come together and in a cruel, warped way come up with a way of crushing my confidence into pieces. Just for their own entertainment.
That can not happen now though, because I have walked away, I am no longer investing in Steven. And there isnt any bit of gossip I hear from that way that I actually care about.

The story about the two brothers from Hull will however have to wait to be told.


Its more than OK actually..It is perfect.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share