Sunday 15 August 2010

Not such a good day

Even though I am trying to stay positive and see something good in everything that comes my way at the moment, it has been difficult today. Well I shouldnt say that the whole day has been awful, just the last three hours.

We have had "every-other-day-rain" here. Started Thursday afternoon, and it wasnt just rain, it was like the sky had opened, carrying on for at least twelve hours.
Friday was a beautiful day and yesterday came more rain, just like Thursday, like someone had poured a bucket of water over the world. A very large bucket of water.
As I was sitting in my new sofa, watching tv I realised there was some sort of commotion in the stairs, actually the fire exit. I heard the alarm for the lift go off and someone was calling "Donde está?"
I figured that there was a party somewhere and it was the drunk guests making the noice so I didnt think about it too much.
This morning I was woken by the firedoor slamming several times which I found rather annoying, but then I realised that the lift was at a standstill, not working at all.

I have spent the whole day on the sofa, watching "Paris Hilton, My new BFF", wondering when Paris Hilton will see herself too old to talk about BFF's, TTYN and TTYL.
Even though I didnt enjoy the program and was getting more and more annoyed by the shallowness of the contestants I couldnt switch over to another channel. I remember doing the same thing last year, only difference being that I watched "From Geezer to Gentleman" or something like that.
Paris finished just in time for me to start my laundry.

Since the lift was out of order I had to walk up to the attic, walk over to the next entrance and get the lift down that way, and coming down to the basement was a bit like entering the Titanic. I almost plunged into the water, covering my feet completely. Unfortunately it wasnt water from the washing machine with soappowder...but instead brown gunk. I just hope it was mud and not poo that was clinging to my skin...
I decided to check the car, which was fine, the water hadnt got in to the garage. But where my storagecupboard is, the water was ten inches high. I couldnt even get to the gate, I lost my flipflop in the water.
So I have decided that the insurancecompany will have to take care of it, hopefully I did put the plasticboxes at the bottom and not the cardboardboxes.
I walked up to the shop to get some bits for dinner, and walking around the store, filling my basket up, mainly thinking that I look rough with slightly wet bottom hems of my trousers and a redflustered face. As I got to the checkout, put all my items on the band, the girl tells me its 100SEK and only then I realised that I have no money with me!! I didnt take my purse, so I was standing in the shop, people behind me, and I had no money at all!!
I had to apologise and just leave, walking across the attic and then down to my flat.
I was really not impressed with the afternoon and evening.

Tomorrow is the first day back at school after the summer holiday.
I am both looking forward to it and not so much.
I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that it will be messy and unorganised and so much to take in.
But I will take one hour at a time I think. Starting with attending the meeting at 08.30am. Now it is time to bring all the laundry up.
Ill do it all the while humming "You shook me all night long", wondering when I will be shaken all night long.
Night people.



One more time for the cheap seats in the back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Är det möte i morgon halv nio? dags att starta jobbhjärnan kanske för min del...Åsa

Unknown said...

I'm intrigued that you decided to blog about purely negative things and leave out the fact that you and I had such a great afternoon together in the rain and we did laugh, honk at dudes and watch Paula Deen and sing to Cher. Why's that??

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share