Saturday 1 May 2010

Adult points?

Today I realised that I now have enough clothes to have seperate "winter clothes" and "summer clothes".
Does that mean that I am now an adult and possibly turning into my mother?
Or that I am becoming more Swedish?
I think Swedish people have different clothes depending on season and swap them around this time every year and again in the autumn...
My mum does anyway...

I said that I wouldnt do any extra work this weekend, but when they called and asked I heard myself saying "yes" without thinking....
So tomorrow I am working 7am-11.30...only four and a half hours...but still...I will need to set the alarm and not stay in bed til nine like I did today...
Oh well, a few extra pennies is never wrong is it..

I am listening to some old songs on Youtube and found a song that came out in the spring of 1994 and me and my friend Lisa - whose name is really Katarina, but everyone called Lisa - used to think of as "our" song.
I now wonder why?
It is a lovesong about a couple who broke up, but the woman now wants to meet him again because they had such good times and they were best friends but now they are not anymore.
I guess I liked the music more than the lyrics, I remember not paying too much attention to the words to any songs back then, if a song had a good tune or a good beat I was happy.
Hearing the song makes me think about her though, and I wonder what she is doing today? I know she lived in Ireland for a while, but then she moved back again, I think the last time I saw her was in 1997 or 1998...



Found this one aswell...they were in the Swedish "melody contest" 1998 competing for a spot in Eurovision song contest. I believe they came second....
The lyrics is somewhat like this.."No other road that I have walked leads all the way home"...Back then I was just preparing to move to England for good (or so I thought)and felt that I was returning home. Listening to it now, I relise that I am home, here in Sweden. There are things that annoys me and probably always will annoy me and I will think that "this would NEVER happen in England" and there are days when I will long to move back for another adventure.
But. This is where I belong. At least for now, who knows what will happen in a few years time? I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Surely that gives me at least one adult point?

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share