Monday 10 May 2010

Thats strange....

Something new happened to me today. Or actually just as I wrote that first sentence I realise that it HAS happened before, but it was such a long time ago that I had forgotten all about it.
This is what happened:
I was in the supermarket with my mum, buying some ingredients for my new healthy lifestyle. Im standing in the vegetableisle, picking out lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and peppers and in the corner of my eye I can see that someone sidles up next to me and starts picking at the avocados. Just as I turn to see if it is someone I know, he turns to me and smiles and I realise that I do not know him and I feel a little bit uncomfortable with his presence in my "personal space" and the fact that he is grinning like a cheshirecat...
I turn and walk away, looking for my mum to rescue me and when I find her in the breadisle I make sure that she is ready to leave.
As we turn around the strange man is standing in front of us, still smiling.
And then he opens his mouth and speaks... "I am sorry, but I just have to tell you that you are an amazingly beautiful woman" I now have to tell you that I this morning woke up with a coldsore the size of Florida, it feels like my lip is about to rupture and spurt yellow pous all over my face and to be honest I look disgusting! I wasnt sure if he was talking to me or my mum....but he reaches out his hand toward me and in pure shock I allowed him to press his lips on the top of my hand. Then he walked away, leaving myself and mum standing in the breadisle looking at each other with open mouths.

What a weird man!
Trying to chat me up in front of my mother!
Maybe he wasnt chatting me up, maybe he is one of these people who feels it their mission in life to cheer up the whole world, in particular ugly ones with coldsores the size of Italy.
Anyway, this made my mums day and she called me an hour ago just to ask if I really didnt know this amazingly friendly man?
To be honest I am not sure I thought him friendly..a bit creepy and with very wet lips is more suitable in my head...

I think my laundry is finished so it is time for me to hang it and then tuck myself into bed.
Night all.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share