Tuesday 8 June 2010

Fab weekend

I am back home after a fantastic weekend in England. I rented a car at the airport and drove down to Ramsgate in under an hour and a half. The weather was scorching and I had the windows down with the wind in my hair, lovely.
I arrived at Donnas as the sun was setting, it was lovely to see her again. We relaxed in front of the tv, ate chicken shishkebabs and drank Lambrini wine. Perfect evening basically.
On Friday morning we went for breakfast at our favourite cafe in the harbour, the sun was shining and made the sea sparkle like diamonds. It was great sitting there again with great friends and yummy food looking out over the water.
With full bellies we went to Westwoodcross and had a look in the shops, I bought a couple of tops since I only had longsleeves with me, and I realised I would melt if I didnt get anything cooler and lighter to wear.
At twelve I met up with Sarah and Andrea for lunch in Cramptons, Allison and George turned up a bit later and we all enjoyed salads and sandwiches. The sun was hot and after an hour I was burned and the skin on my arms and shoulders were really sore. I moved into the shade but the damage was already done, my "tan" looked furious.

After lunch I drove to the lovely Angies house, she is very houseproud and it was a bit like staying in a hotel. We had a quick catch-up before I had a shower and got ready for a night out, celebrating Geoffs birthday. I did my best to dress so to hide my uneven tan but at the same time staying cool and gorgeous. Looking at the photos from the evening, I failed miserably.
The red marks looks evil and I look as if I am melting. Not even a little bit attractive.
I had a great night anyway, got to know some new people and I laughed a lot. There is a risk that I made a complete fool of myself and the new friends think I am an idiot and are hoping they will never have to see me again. A little bit embarrassing, but at the end of the day, I am who I am, I am what I am and I am done with trying to change myself just so that other people will like me better.
I know how I got home, but not at what time, but at least it was still dark.
I went straight to sleep in the very comfortable bed at Angies house.

On Saturday morning I woke up early, went and had breakfast in McDonalds then I spent a lot of money on lovely, but a little unnecesary things. It was lovely strolling around the shops on my own without a timelimit.
My tan was still very angry looking and I had a few total strangers coming up to me, asking if I had been out in the sun?
What do you answer to that?
"No I have just DRAWNED on myself with red paint...."

After some lunch and a lot of water in Angies garden I went for a well needed nap. Woke up at five pm and went for another shower and got ready for Bettys birthday party. The night was warm and we settled in the garden with our drinks. Betty has a huge family and some of them live abroad.
There was a man sitting infront of us and Mike asked him how he knows Betty.
The man leans over and says: "Sorry, I'm from Germany I dont speak English"
Something in my little peasize brain must have turned off or just died because for some reason I thought he was speaking Swedish, so I leaned over to him and says (in English) "Its ok, I speak english I can translate for you" The man looked at me and shrugged, I look at Mike and Angie and they look at me as if I am mad (which to be fair at this point Im pretty sure that I am...) "Its ok" I say again, "He doesnt speak Swedish, so I can translate, I lived in England for 13 years" Mike and Angie are at this point looking at each other and asks me what the h**l Im talking about?
"The guy doesnt speak Swedish" I say,
"Well neither do we" Angie says.
At this point there is a voice screaming in my head: "STOP TALKING MIA, JUST STOP TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!"
All I can think is that for some reason I thought that I was still in Sweden and the German guy didnt speak Swedish, so I was kind enough to offer to translate...
The rest of the party was great, Shelley had hired an Amy Winehouse impersinator, I am not a huge Amy Winehouse fan, but I really liked this girl. I might have been slightly converted..
Around eleven it was time to leave and I got a cab down to the harbour to meet up with Alexandra and the rest of the gang from the previous night.
Yet another great evening, even though it started to rain and I was soaking wet when I got home. That night it was aparently half past three when I got in.
Sunday morning was spent in bed until three in the afternoon, when I said goodbye to Angie and went over to Alexandra for sunday roast which was delicious.
After relaxing on the sofa for a while I went over to Betty for a chat and catch-up over tea. We managed to go for a drive around Thanet, just like we did when I lived there. Just not as long, I remember the night we drove round and round and round for four hours.
I went back to Alexandras and we went to sleep after repacking my suitcase to fit some more of her things in.
The journey home went well, Easyjets staff were proffessional and friendly and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and well looked after.

I will always love England and there is a piece of my heart left there. I miss my friends an awful lot and it breaks my heart when they ask me to move back "home" but for now it is Sweden where I belong.

I am thinking of what song to play tonight, a song that will sum up this weekend and bring back some of the feelings of it. A lot of laugh, love and happiness.



It might not be the first song you think about when you hear love, laughter and happiness, but I love this song. To me it is fun and it makes me laugh and to go back to what I wrote earlier on, I dont care if you dont love me, because I am me anyway.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share