Sunday 29 November 2009

A great weekend

I have had a really great weekend. Where it has left a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart and tummy. As I finished work on Friday I went on a hunt for a "pine tree garland" to put up on my backdoor. I bought some other christmassy bits and pieces and once home I set out to finish off the last of my decorating frenzy.
I had a lovely night in on my own, watching "Idol" and listening to christmas carols. Yesterday me and Sofie drove out to Mia's house, she lives in the middle of nowhere so it is always a bit of a mission to get there but we always have a great time catching up and drinking tea and coffees. Yesterday we also made gingerbread bisquits, but I have to admit I ate more dough than I made into little "gingerbreadmen".
My parents went on their annual christmas trip to Germany last night, there is a nice christmas market in Rostock and they stock up on alcohol and other necessities for christmas. So I am taking advantage of their big flatscreen tv and comfy bed for 3 days.
Jeanette came over for dinner and girlie gossip, we ate chicken wrapped in bacon and salad, with some chunky bread with, which, if I may say so myself, was delicious.
There is nothing like a good gossip session, between two girlfriends, it makes you feel almost new again. And if it is accompanied by some wine it is even better.
She stayed the night and got a well deserved lie-in since her youngest son is in the frame of mind at the moment where he will wake up at 04.30 every morning, this morning his father had to take care of him.

It was the last class of my writing course today, I had actually planned to stay at home and just be lazy, since to be honest I dont feel I have gotten that much out of the course as I wanted to. I dont feel comfortable enough to tell people that their writing reminds me of the essays I wrote when I was fifteen, no depth or actual content in the texts. I dont feel I have the right to critisise someone, it is not like I am Stephen King, Virginia Woolf or J.K Rowling myself....
Anyway, Jeanette persuaded me to go, since it was the last time and I would feel better after getting out of the house for a few hours.
And she was right, when we had finished I wandered up into town to look at all the decorations in the shop windows and listen to the carol singers. I walked along the high street and felt alight with christmas spirit.
As I came closer to my parents house I realised there was a christmas market in the little square just outside the house so I had a little look around, sniffing the saffron buns and mulled wine. Lovely.

I had a little nap in the afternoon and have just finished watching "Home alone", so I am definately maxed out in the christmas department now, in a good way that is.
I will now have a shower and then go to bed, an early night is just what I need.



Christmas song of the day. Another one of my favourites

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share