Tuesday 23 March 2010

It will get better, they say....


I know how you feel, I really do..and I know what is going on in your head and the pain that is in your heart. You think that tomorrow will be better, but actually it will be worse. And the day after that will be just as bad and just as painful as yesterday was. Your friends will tell you that you are better off without him, and maybe you are, but it will take time for your heart to catch up with those thoughts. You can talk to me, I wont tell you to stop going on about him, because I know how much that hurts too. And I know what it is like when people think that you are over it, because you are smiling and laughing again. Yes life goes on, you wont stop breathing and your heart is still in the same place as before, even though it feels like it has been wripped out of your chest and put in a food blender.

I wish I could say that it will get better, that he wasnt the one for you, and that the man of your dreams is waiting just around the corner. But I cant. I am sure you will meet someone else, but I do not know if you will love like that again.
Maybe you dont actually want to love anyone else again.
Only can figure that out, only you can give yourself enough time to get over him, and stop being a hero, it is ok to be sad.
There is no time limit on how long you are allowed to grieve.
I am here for you, always.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share