Saturday 6 March 2010

Social Networking

I have for quite some time been wondering and pondering about the phenomenom that is social networking i.e Facebook, Twitter, Plurk etc etc...
I am a member of facebook and Twitter, Twitter works like the statusbox on facebook, you basically just write a scentance or a link to another page.
You can then follow other "twitters" and see other peoples tweets (yes that is what it is called)
The thing that baffles me is, when you see that some twitters are following 10000 people....
How do you have time to read all of those???
Today I decided to delete those who isnt following me...and in doing so my followers dropped radically....weird....

Have had a chilled out day today, mum came over for a cup of tea and a chat, then I had a nap in my chair, whilst watching "Interview with a vampire".
Will have an early night tonight aswell I think and carry on reading my book "Ego Girl" by Carolina Gynning. She won the Swedish Big Brother 2004 and is now a tv presenter (surprise surprise!) from what I can understand she is one of those girls you either love or hate, but since I lived in England during 2004 I know nothing about her, so I thought I would read the book she has written and see what I think.
She is from my part of Sweden so we have the same accent (sort of...her accent is a bit "over the top"..)
So far I like the book, it is an easy read about the sort of life I dreamed about when I was 16-25...sex, drugs and rock and roll....
I do however think it is very good that I never got close to a life like that.. I was so naive and gullable. I thought the best of everyone I met and couldnt think that anyone would intentionally try to hurt me.
I was also desperate for acceptance and popularity, I would have done absolutely anything for a man to "love" me.
So now I just enjoy reading the books about the girls, my heroines, who got in with the wrong crowd but managed to get out of it aswell, I probably wouldnt have done....

Well I am off to bed now people. Sleep well but first enjoy this song by another Swedish girl who I know nothing about, more than she is a singer...
Maybe she has written a book aswell?
It is in Swedish, sorry to you who dont understand it.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share