Sunday 28 March 2010

New Friends


Yesterday I was invited to Sara's house for a "Chick Flick feast", I brought lots of my chick flicks and a big bag of pick and mix. Linda came too, she brought crisps, dips and another chick flick. Sara had made waffles when I arrived and we settled with her two boys to indulge them with icecream, whipped cream and strawberry jam. It was, to say the least, "a perfect yum"
The boys (who will soon be young men) went upstairs to use their computers, sing or read or whatever it is that preteens do to entertain themselves these days.

We watched "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I have seen it a few times already, but it is turning into one of my favourite films.
After the film Sara prepared dinner. Me and Linda sat in her kitchen talking about everything and nothing, love, men and life.
Linda is a colleague turned good friend of Sara whom I have met a few times at dinners and parties at Saras house. I always thought she seemed really friendly and fun to be around but we never had a real opportunty to talk and get to know each other. Last night we did have time though and it was so nice to have some quality girltime with great women. Whilst we were chopping and preparing and talking, another friend of Saras came around, Jane. I have never met her before but she too was lovely, easy to talk to and she had a great infectious laugh. The evening was happy, we shared a lot about our lives and I now feel that I have got two new friends, who knows, maybe they will become great friends, but if not there will be two more girls I can chat drunkenly to at the next crayfish party at Sara's house.

During our girly evening Sara's husband and sons stayed well out of the way, something I found.... so kind and nice..They ate in the kitchen, offered to cook more pasta and then went to their bedroom to watch tv and dvds.
I honestly dont know any other man who would just stay out of the way like that while his wife is having a party. Or entertaining guests.
He is a very nice, understanding man, Sara's husband.

I drove home around midnight and fell into bed and slept like a baby until nine am today. The clocks went forward last night so the time is now nearly half past twelve and I am still in my pyjamas, watching Ghost Whisperer. It is good, but really sad at the moment.
So what will I do with the rest of the day? I will go and see my parents at some point, but I think I need a walk in the beautiful sunny weather first.

I remember this time last year..my last day at work in England. It is soon a year since I came back. But that need and deserves a post of its own..

Have a great sunday all.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share