Wednesday 24 March 2010

What is going on...?

I went back to work today, I rode my new bike that I bought yesterday which was nice although it felt weird to turn since I havent even sat on a bike for thirteen years...
After twenty minutes at work I started feeling really weird, I could hear that my colleagues were talking but I couldnt hear what they said, I felt sick, dizzy and feared that would faint.
I went to the toilet and put my head between my knees, a trick my mum taught me when I was a child and sometimes felt dizzy as a side effect for growing very tall very quickly..I dont know for sure how long I sat like that but someone came and asked ig I was ok and if I needed help?
It was decided that I needed to go home again and I called my mum who came to collect me.
I felt better after a while but a strange headache had taken my head and face hostage. My mum took me home where I slept for three hours. I feel better now, but I am not 100% to be honest, I called my doctor and the nurse told me to go to the emergency room if I didnt get better or I could make an appointment tomorrow morning. I am opting for the latter, the thought of sitting in the waitingroom of the hospital all night is just not appealing.

My poor mum is worried sick, which makes me feel really bad.
Most people probably thinks it strange that my parents are as involved in my life as they are, it is fine, they can think that. I guess there are a few reasons to it... I am an only child
I moved abroad when I was young, only 20 years old. Eventhough I thought at the time that I was streetwise and knew how to handle life, I was SO wrong.
I like to spend time with my parents, probably because in the past thirteen years we have only seen each other twice a year for a very intensive period of time. A week or two. So the fact that I now can see them for a couple of hours at a time a few times a week feels great. Anyone who thinks that is just bizarre, well, that is their problem really. Not mine.

I will stay at home for the rest of the week, on orders form my colleagues.
It is a nice change when the people you work with and for actually belives that you are ill, I have had several managers and colleagues in the past who thinks that you are just not bothered to come into work and are sitting at home enjoying yourself instead.
So I will see my doctor tomorrow, maybe he will send me for tests and we shal see if there is anything wrong with me, or if I am just suffering from a spot of hypochondira?
Going to bed soon, with my book and hopefully getting some rest.

Night all.

3 comments:

Åsa said...

Krya på dig och hör av dig om det är något.

Sofie said...

Det är väl inget konstigt med en sådan bra kontakt med sina föräldrar tycker jag.. Härligt ju :)
Och förstår absolut att du har det så som varit utomlands så länge.

Igår när jag låg här hemma med 40 graders feber så ringde jag min mamma för tröst.. :)

Krya på dig!

Mia said...

Tack :-) känner mig mycket bättre nu, med penicillin. Kram

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share