Tuesday 4 August 2009

Addiction

I'm feeling run down, like when I'm coming down with a cold
I'm cosied up in my arm chair, it's not particular comfortable, but it works for now, and I'm watching "So you think you can dance" a new favourite show of mine.
I have just been moved to tears by Kayla Radomski and Kupono Aweau dancing a routine called "Addiction".
For some reason I felt she was addicted to a person instead of a drug or alcohol and just after a few seconds I felt the tears streaming down my face.
I realise that I very easily get "addicted" to people (I should say men really)
I have felt so many times, that I will die if this person disappears from my life, I will literally stop breathing and stop existing if I am no longer a part of this two some and be just me again.
But at times, when I have tried to break free, stand on my own two feet and be independent I have been pulled back with a scornful smile and laughter.
Only to be thrown away a short time later and left in a heap, only remains of my former self.



I hope this piece moves you as much as it did me

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share