Friday 14 August 2009

Day of rest


I called the doctors this morning and talked to a very friendly nurse. She said I need to see a physio therapist but there is no time available today, I have an appointment for Monday instead.
Ive been told to take paracetamol every four hours, keep my back warm and not even think about working until after the physio therapist has looked at me, but if it gets any worse and I loose the control of limbs or bladder I have to go to the emergency room. (I wonder what the doctor would say if I told him the reason I'm there is because "I've wet myself")
But no worries, I'm still in full control of my bladder and I'm planning on staying that way.

I decided that the place to be is my parents flat, their sofas are more comfortable, their TV is bigger and has more channels than mine and the bed I sleep in here is more comfortable than the one in my flat, and it is one of those with a remote control so I can lift head and/or feet. So Ive made myself comfortable in front of the telly to start a five hours "daytime TV marathon", Ive got two blankets wrapped around my back/waist (well waist area..I haven't got much of a waist) I'm propped up with cushions and got Donna's bear that has been warmed up in the oven pressed against the lower part of my back, and I'm starting to feel better. I left my book at home though..I will need to go back and get it later, there is no way I can be without it later tonight.
I feel awful for letting my colleagues down at the weekend though, but at the moment I would be more of a hindrance than help..so I better stay here in sofa land, where I can be judgemental to "Project Runway" and "ANTM"

Ive pampered myself a little bit, my mum has a lot of different peeling creams, lotions and potions (which explains where I got my love for beauty treatments from) luckily I know she doesn't mind if I use and try some her creams and ointments.
Ive had a facial peeling and then I found an orange "oil" that I thought would be sticky and "oily" on my face but quite the opposite, my face is smooth, soft and sweet smelling. Yum.

Well I'm off to put the bear back in the oven, its getting a bit cold.
Hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share