Saturday 22 August 2009

Culinary grossness!?

I have woken up with a cough, one of those quite annoying tickly coughs that makes your eyes tear, and for some reason I start to think about something I either read somewhere or someone told me. I cant remember exactly how I know this, but a couple of times it has been brought up in conversation by other people, so I know its not just something I made up.
Apparently we "consume" an amount of bugs and other creepy crawlings in our sleep each year, i.e spiders, mosquito's, flower flies etc, they crawl into our mouths and nose and we swallow them.
It makes my skin crawl when I think of how many spiders Ive eaten in my time...

The other night I left the window open to cool my bedroom down before I went to bed, I also left my bedside light on..which was a big mistake, when I came in to go to bed, there were thousands of little flies buzzing around the lamp and on my pillow where the light was aimed to.
I have never seen anything like it before.

I managed to sweep them off the bed and I'm pretty sure they died immediately, but the question is still there...how many of those flies did find their way into my mouth during the night?

And then another question pops into my head: Occasionally you wake up in the morning with "dog taste" in your mouth, is that because you have eaten a spider during the nocturnal hours?
I'm thinking of going asleep with a scarf over my face from now on.
But then the chances of me surviving the night are reduced severely, so maybe I just have to accept that sometimes a bug will find its way into my tummy.

Ah well its his loss, he will die.
Or maybe he will build a nest?
And one day when I burp a whole bunch of baby spiders will come crawling out of my mouth, just like in a horror film.

Hope you didn't choke on your food.
Have a great weekend, I'm spending it reading.

1 comment:

Sara U said...

I'm never going to sleep again!!

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share