Wednesday 12 August 2009

Time passes quickly

...when you are having fun they say. I realised last night that I haven't written in over a week, this is however not because Ive been having lots of fun, but Ive had problems with the Internet.
It seems to be up and running now though so hopefully it will stay up.

I have also been working a whole lot, felt slightly panicky about only having one more week of definite work, then I am officially unemployed, so I took on some extra shifts and ended up working 9 days in a row, and Ive just agreed to working tomorrow as well, I'm now officially exhausted!
The good news though, are that I have a meeting tomorrow where I will be registered in what is in Sweden called a "pool" or "bank" for temping staff, so I will (hopefully) be contacted by employers in the entire city when they need cover for people going off sick.
On Monday I have an interview with a company who provides personal assistants to private people.
Working as a personal assistant isn't really what I most want to do, especially not to elderly people, my heart and passion is with disabled and children with special needs, but at the end of the day I need a job to pay my rent and bills.
I was recommended by a girl Ive been working with this summer, she said the girls are lovely and friendly and they really were when I called and talked to them a couple of days ago. So keep your fingers crossed for me.
My CV is on its way out to companies I want to work with so hopefully I will hear from them.

My parents went on their holiday today, I drove them to the airport and waved them off. It is a rather bizarre feeling, me being here in Sweden and they are not. I am so jealous of them, they have gone off to Thailand again and I am just green with envy (even though they deserve to have a fab holiday) I'm working on going away with Donna next year. To somewhere nice and warm. I feel I need to go away to a far away land, stay in a nice hotel, stroll on the beach all day and consume drinks with umbrellas at nigh. Leave all worries behind me and just chill out for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share