Sunday 7 February 2010

24 hours later.


I am back home after 24 hours with the girls. 24 great hours of chill out, laughing and remembering the old times.
Sofie picked me up at 3pm yesterday, we drove to Lund where we picked up Mia and then headed for the supermarket where we met Jenny and bought the supplies we needed for the stay before heading out to Ängelholm where Sofie's family's summer house is located, pretty much on the beach. Through the years it has been extended and isolated and had centrel heating installed so it is possible to stay there in the winter months aswell.

It is one of these houses where you feel calm and relaxed just by stepping through the door. When I worked in domicillary care in England I would from time to time come to houses like that, where you could see the traces of a big family had once lived, but now it was only the old woman left, living in this big old house. You could see that she just didnt have the heart to sell it, she had lived there since she got married at eighteen years old, she had seen her children grow up there, then grandcildren and great grandchildren. Too many memories to give up for money..
I am not talking about anyone in Sofie's family, but about elderly people in general I met whilst working in England.



Once we had installed us in a bedroom each we started dinner, Tacos, with lots of vegetables, guacamole and wine. It was so peaceful, we talked, laughed and watched the first show of who will make it to the Eurovision song contest in Norway in May. It is a big deal in Sweden apparently, as big as X-factor almost....
I am not sure I will have the patience to watch all the episodes...but Jenny is having a "Eurovision party" just like she did last year. I am already looking forward to it.
We got to discuss how many men we had slept with, and lets just say I was glad I am not the only one who has slept with more than five people, and have a slight difficulty remembering the names of all of them. I guess we are sluts. But we are still good, caring people. Like another friend of mine says: "Tarts with hearts"
We got to bed around two am and I slept til just after eight this morning, when I woke up with my frontal cranium full of thick green snot. I poodled around the house for a while before the other girls woke up, I had promised I wouldnt wake them up before nine, since they have small children and never get to sleep in the mornings. I put on coffee and put the raspberry crumble we didnt manage to eat last night in the oven, for breakfast.



Jenny left us after breakfst since she had some things to sort out at home, but me Mia and Sofie went to a nice hotel nearby for an hour at the spa.
We sat in a hotwater tub with salt water, then swam in the pool but we decided against bathing in the ice cold sea, even after a hot sauna....
Well, we sat in the sauna with deep conditioner in the hair, face mask and then face scrubs. After an hour we were fairly exhausted but with skin smooth as babies bottoms and angrily red faces from two different saunas and steamroom.

We then set the sails towards home and I fell asleep in the car leaving Sofie and Mia to talk on their own, which they managed just fine I guess. I have now had dinner, done a load of laundry and am watching Friends.
I will have an early night tonight, so I will be ready for work tomorrow.
It has been a great great weekend, we talked about doing it again before the summer and then hopefully Sofie's sister will be able to come aswell and we will go for the whole weekend.

>


Mia and Sofie outside the house.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share