Thursday 11 February 2010

SLASH



I have just finished reading the autobiography of Slash, written with Anthony Bozza.
I used to have a small crush on him when I was between thirteen and fifteen, which in itself was odd, since my other objects of affection was clean cut, boyband type men, or I guess I should say boys...
So Slash entering my "list" was unexpected to say the least.
I think it all had to do with the hair....that dark, curly hair that covered his face, and the cylinder hat pulled down low.
On every picture I saw he also had a cigarette in his hand or between his lips.
His mother is afroamerican and his father british, so Slash is the colour of chocolatecaramel and he has really full lips.
Me and my friend L used to watch the video of "November rain" and when Slash stepped up on the piano for his solo we screached and moaned that he was sooo sexy..
When he then leaves the chapel and stands on the yard and plays his guitarr in his leatherpants and jacket, well, how shal I put this...YUMMIE!



Guns n' Roses is no more, or apparently there is still a group called Guns n' Roses, but it is only Axl Rose who is part of them that was in the original Guns n' Roses.
Slash is now in a different band called Velvet Revolver, I have listened to a few of their songs and they are good, Slash is a god on the guitarr, but they are not quite what I would listen to...Guns n' Roses songs were more melodical, which I like.
I wont go into what happened with the original band, you have to read the book for yourselves, it is really good, he is very frank and honest about his drug addiction and his alcohol abuse.
Slash doesnt try to glorify the rockstar life, he doesnt write about how amazing he is, but as I read the book, I got the impression that he is a genuinally caring man.

In 1991 (or possibly 1992) Slash played with Michael Jackson on "Give in to me", one of my favourite Michael Jacson songs, I have to play it for you, it is so good, and Slash is hot hot hot even though he wears a black and blue checkered shirt...It is his dedication to the guitarr and the music that I think is so powerful. Enjoy.


Again me and L would sigh when he rocked on stage and his hair got in his face, and I think we both wondered what it would be like to run a hand through it?
I have realised that this book has made me listen for the guitarrs when I listen to a song, and all of a sudden the song sounds different and I feel like a music pro.
I guess this was a crap book review, but I do recommend it, big time.
Especially if you have a thing about Slash, or true dirty rockers in general.


Seeing this picture, I realise I still have a slight crush on Mr Slash...you have to agree, he looks hot...
Although it is a tiny picture...you see what I mean dont you?
Oh what the heck, Ill upload another one for good measure.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share