Saturday 27 February 2010

Phew....



Saturday night and I am exhausted, it has been a fairly busy week with it being halfterm and we have done different activities everyday.
On Thursday I went for dinner with Jeanette. As I stood waiting for her, a man came up to me, he was either drunk, affected by drugs or was mentally retarded, in his hand he clutched three balloons on sticks from McDonalds and he came up to me and said: "A balloon for a fat and ugly woman?" So I now get attacked on the streets by crazy strangers telling me how unattractive I am...Or maybe he was just honest? But he DID laugh hysterically when he popped one of the balloons with his cigarette... Once Jeanette turned up we went to a - for me - new restaurant called Mrs Saigon where we tried food from Vietnam. It was nice but my food was luke warm. I would have prefered it a bit warmer to be honest. We talked and laughed for hours and decided to start a group of girls who meet once a month for dinner and catch up.
So far only it is only me and Jeanette....but hopefully some more ladies will join us during the week.


Yesterday we went to see a musical with the students, it is called "The Fantasticks" and was first played on Sullivan Street Playhouse in New York in 1960 and carried on playing until 2002 when the producer died. Pretty amazing how long a show can go on for. I felt pretty tired as I finished work and was looking forward to a chill out evening in the company of Frida, we went to a nice restaurang and ate "gourmet pizza" it was nice, but lets face it...pizza is best eaten from a cardboard box...
The evening ended in the cinema, watching "Avatar". It was three hours long, so I fell asleep in the middle for half an hour or so...I was just so tired...I hope I didnt snore...
The film was brilliant, I dont know what it is, but I have a soft spot for hero movies...and I wouldnt mind meeting an Avatar..have seen how tall they are? Lush!!

Today I have been shopping with my mum, I bought a bedspread, two blankets and a cushion for my bedroom.

My bedroom is really tiny, and I only have a single bed...I dont get many "adult points" for that....
Is it important to have a lot of "adultpoints"?
Is it important to be an "adult"? Am I not as important as others if I dont have the "bonuscards" in the supermarket, dont I count if I dont own my own house with a huge crippling mortgage?
Well, to be honest, I think I like my life the way it is uncomplicated right now. No doubt something or someone will come along and complicate things at some point, but it is not too bad today.
I am heading for the shower and then an early night. I feel that I need it after this week of business.



"I see you" from Avatar, sung by Leona Lewis, a great song, a great voice a great film.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share