Sunday 5 April 2009

BRENDAN

Brendan is officially my god son and Sally and Alex 3rd child.
He was born 4 days after my 26th birthday and as per usual I was in bed with tonsillitis. I had such a high temperature I'm sure I had dragons in my bedroom.
I was in a semi conscious state when I heard Sally calling "Mum, mum, MUM!!!!"
And I remember thinking "You silly cow, your mother isn't here, she is coming next week in time for the baby"
Very slowly, like in slow motion state, my brain kicked into gear and I realised she was in labour and I had to get down stairs right away.
In my fever-fuzzy state I thought I had lunged myself out of bed, but in reality I wasn't even sitting up and the next thing I know Sally is standing next to my bed telling me her water has broke.
I was supposed to look after Cameron and Bronwen but I nearly passed out when I stood up so Sally had to call another friend who also took her to the hospital.
I stayed in bed, with the phone next to me, waiting for Alex to come home from work in London.
He casually strolled in two hours later and went to make himself some toast, (men...) I shooed him off to the hospital and he just made it in time before Brendan was born.

Brendan was very fascinated by dinosaurs, so one Christmas I bought him a remote controlled dinosaur who could fight with a dragon, which at first scared the poor child, but when we played together he was ok and after a while he liked them.
Brendan's new passion is music, and he will perform his favourite songs very passionately for anyone who wants to listen.

Ive heard that he has a girlfriend now, or he did on Valentines day anyway.
He send his mum to Asda to buy the girlfriend a card, a teddy bear, a box of chocolates and a big red heart balloon.
The boy has style and I'm so proud of him.
Brendan is the most sensitive of the children, maybe he will become an artist or a poet or a famous singer?
He has a great sense of humour and Sally and Alex always has a new crazy story to tell me when I come up and see them.

Writing about the children makes me realise how much i will miss them when I move.
But I believe that you never loose true friends, true friendship never ends and with today's technology we will keep in touch and see each other as often as possible.



Today Wall E is Brendans favourite.
But Im sure next week it will be something else.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share