Monday 27 April 2009

Time with the parents

This weekend have been fairly hectic for my mum, she has worked (although she IS retired) and been to 2 parties (AND she came home late!) so Ive had some time with my dad which was nice.
We havent done much, he came with me to the flat with some things, then we cooked dinner and just chilled out in front of the telly.
Im still not feeling 100%, I'm starting to wonder if I have this pig(?)flu that is spreading all over our planet.
No I havent been to Mexico since 1992, but you never know with these viruses, they have a weird way about them to spread to our immune systems...

Last night anyway, we watched something called "Wipe out", which is similar to those horrendous Japnese game shows where you have to jump in the air and hopefully NOT land in the mud...
I was never a fan of Tachesis castle or whatever the shows were called, but last night I was in stitches and both me and my dad was crying with laughter.
Not because of the contestants but the presenters were HILARIOUS.

They amused us with their wit and funny but somewhat rude comments.
For example, our favourite: "Break your foot, you Danish bastard", when the Danish contestant was close to beating the Swedish contestant.
I try to imagine if this program was showed in England and Jack Dee would say "Break your foot, your Scottish bastard"..
Ofcom would have been under imense pressure and he would have to apologise to all poor scottish people.
My dad left for a conference this morning and woke me to say goodbye at 8am and we still giggled at the "Danish bastard" comment.

So today me and my mum have been up to town, I have opened a savings account that will probably be fairly empty, but at least I will have one.
I was treated to new jeans, before we had a scrumptous lunch where I had a ceasar salad without the parmasan cheese.

It was then time for me to be pampered with a pedicure, I nearly fell asleep and I now feel like im walking on air.
Once home I charged my phone up so I am now officially "with phone" which had to happen at some point didnt it?
And it is good, now I can stay in my flat without feeling too isolated.
That is another thing, I should be moving in to my flat this weekend, either just before or just after.
My mum has taken it upon herself to hang out all my clothes to "get some air through them".
Why is that important I remember asking her when I was a child
"Otherwise the little animals that lives in fabric will eat the clothes"
????
Animals???
Living in my clothes??
To say that I was confused is an understatement, but as I grew up I did learn what sort of animals it was she was talking about, but i still dont see the point of ruin my very careful packing of my suitcases that were mixed with clothes, book, cd's and dvd's?
My room now looks like there are squatters living there.
I think i'll just move now, and let my parents bring the rest of my things over, there is only so much "parent time" one can take.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share