Thursday 23 April 2009

Moving forward

I went to view the flat yesterday.
It is the basement of what used to be a family home but has now been developed into three seperate flats.
My flat is tiny tiny, but quaint and charming and once i get to put my own "stamp" on it and decorate to my own taste, I think it will be lovely.
It wont be permanent, but that has never been the intention either.
I need somewhere to live while I get my head and heart back together, and make the finale, definite decission, should I stay or should I go?

There is not room for a sofabed but when i go back to England in September I will collect my blow up bed and that will fit in the lounge if i move some things around.
The lady who owns the house has decorated it to her taste, I think she has at some point in her life worked, or at least spent a lot of time in south America and Africa.
There are photos on the walls of children with a hint of red in their olive skin tone, there are also a lot of African masks on the walls, or maybe they are not African but south American?
In whatever case, I hope she wont mind me taking them down because I find them a bit frightening and un nerving.
I signed the contracts and will start moving my things in this weekend, but I will probably stay with my mum and dad for a few more days, I don't think I can explain the feeling so that anyone can actually understand, but the thought of living in Malmo, but not in my parents house, is a surreal feeling.
In a way it feels like I am even further away from them than when I lived in England.
I'm sure it is just something I need to get used to, the same way I have to get used to not having a car.
But we realised today that the bus which stops outside my parents house goes all the way out to my new flat, it will probably take half an hour or so, but then it might take me another half hour to walk to my house.

Me and my mum went into town today since I really need to get a mobile phone.
Which was easier said than done...
Since I havent lived in Sweden for 8 months and i have no job Im not eligable to have a contract phone, I would need a garantour, I could buy a "pay as you go" phone, but if you don't buy the contract they are at least 1000sek (aprox £100).
So the easiest way to do it is just for my mum to open the contract and I will give her the money when the bill comes.

Things really are different in Sweden compared to England, and it's both good and bad.
I am feeling good about this move however, I have a good feeling in my tummy that I will be happy here.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share