Tuesday 14 April 2009

DONNA

I have known Donna for three years and four months (ish)
There is a scene in SATC where the girls are having breakfast or lunch in their regular cafe.
I think it is after one of Carrie and Bigs breakups and she is crying saying that she really thought he was her soul mate.
Charlotte says that she wants the girls to have a "pact" where they are each others soul mates.
Boyfriends are great men that come and might go in their lives, but as long as they have each other they will be fine.
That is me and Donna.
We are soul mates.
When me and Donna hang out we are totally ourselves, something we both find difficult with other people, and we often feel awkward and like we don't really belong. Like two misfits.

I remember one of the first nights we worked together.
It was a Sunday just before Christmas and "Chico time" was in the top ten in the charts. So was "Beep" with the PussyCat dolls.
Me and Donna were dancing in the lounge, doing the big step "moonwalk" Chico did in his video.
Donna then imitated the PussyCat dolls and she had it down to a T with the dance moves, lyrics and gestures.
Donna looks like she has just stepped out of a PussyCat doll video, and I am really jealous of her!


We started hanging out every weekend, me, Donna, Him and Donna's boyfriend.
Me and Donna have a thing about reality shows and spent the first summer we knew each other watching Big Brother, and discussing the contestants deeply and very seriously.
It was the year when Pete won, and we were glued to the TV following him and Nikki's on screen romance.
We did get a bit worried when it ended and mourned together, but before we knew it, X - factor had started and again we got pulled into the world of reality drama.
We didn't venture out anymore, just found happiness in the sofa with a bottle of Lambrini and chicken shish kebab.
Our poor boyfriends were very patient I have to say...
They didn't argue, and only moaned a few times, they soon realised it was not much point..

In the summer of 2007 we went on holiday to Blackpool with work, everyone else was tired and wanted to go home after three days, but me and Donna had so much fun, and decided to live like trailer trash in a caravan when we grow old.
Even though it was with work, I came back feeling calm and relaxed as if I had been two weeks in Thailand (minus the tan)

We did loosely discuss opening a business together, a cafe where local artists can show their work. We would call it Misfits, after ourselves, it would be a haven for the different people, the ones who doesn't "fit" in our society (knowing our luck we would get the alcoholics and mentally ill people with no money to by food with, so we would give away sandwiches and go bankruptcy within a month)

Donna is an amazing artist herself, she gave me one of her paintings to have as a memory and i adore it!
When I get a camera i will take a photo and show it to you.
I wish i could have more of her paintings, hopefully one day i will have a big house where I can hang them all and when she becomes famous I can brag about her and that I'm the only one who understands her tortured, fragile, artist soul.

It's nice being around Donna, compared to her I'm Einstein.
I remember the day I got a txt message saying "Blimey, I've just tried to swallow one of my painkillers, but didn't realise it was a soluble one, it started frothing in my mouth and I now look like a rabid dog..."

What do I say to that?
She should have been blond?
Donna is the nicest, sweetest, kindest and loveliest girl you will ever meet.
She wouldn't say boo to a goose and ALWAYS gives everyone the benefit of the doubt.
She isn't like me, who will form an opinion about someone depending on what shoes they wear.
(No that is a joke, I don't really do that)
But Donna is so loyal to the people she loves and cares about and wont tolerate anyone talking bad about her friends.


When me and Him broke up, Donna was there, not asking questions, just handing me tissues, listening to me ranting and hugging me.
She never tired of me, which I wouldn't blame her if she had, it is hard to see your best friend crumble in front of your eyes like I did.

I miss her, everyday, since she in January decided to take her life and move to Canada (of all bloody places...)
Even though i didn't want her to leave me, I supported her and was behind her all the way, she would be with the man of her dreams and live happily ever after.
Unfortunately prince charming was a toad and an arsehole and I have a lot of worse names for him, but I shan't be childish or politically incorrect, so will settle with saying I'm not best impressed with his behaviour, and will be happy when Donna is back in England again where I can visit her more often.

So what song shall I choose for my bestest girl?
My non sexual soul mate?
A song that makes me think of her and smile?
Well I think it has to be the final dance in "Step up 2", a film we watched with childish excitement and tried to copy the moves to in her lounge.
Her poor ginger cat Charlie fled out from the window and we more or less collapsed, in a heap, laughing until our sides ached.
But this is Donna, and me, at our best, body popping.

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

Thats her alright! x

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share