Friday 24 April 2009

Love in an elevator

I had an intresting morning to say the least.
After being in town to sort out my mobile phone contract, I met my friends mum on the way back from the bus stop.
She calls me "her girl" since me and her daughter were almost inseperable for some time, we used to play in the playground outside our house and if my mum couldt find me, she would call next door because 9 times out of 10 thats where I would be and vice versa.
Anyway, we are walking back and right outside my door a drunk man stops us and slurrs in a broken Swedish/Finish accent about something he needs to talk to us about, but he is just too scared and shy (of me apparently)
Had I been on my own or with my mum I would just have walked past him and into my house, but my friends mum thought it a good idea to talk to him and tell him that Im from England (I dont know why she said that Im from England..Im from Sweden, I just happen to have lived in England for the last 13 years)

So then the drunk tries to speak English which was not very succesful, but he grabbed hold of my arm and grins and tells me that I make him SO shy and scared, and Im almost drunk from just smelling his disgusting breath.

This is the time when my friend decides to leave me with a "Well I must be going, see you later love"
Well thanks for that!!
I started to feel slightly panicked but at the same time i felt "Well maybe this is as good as it gets? The only men who are intrested in me are drunks.."

BUT then, as from heaven above, i felt another hand on my other arm and a deep voice saying "Are you coming then?"
As I turn around i look into a big pair of black sunglasses and a goatee beard and the man says again "Are you coming?" and very gently pulls me in through the door that leads to the lift in my house.
I didnt say anything, just let him lead me into the lift, then he said
"Im on level 5 you're 10 arent you?"
"How did you know that?"
"Saw you the other day and your mum talks about you"
"Ahh"
"And i thought you might get stuck with the drunk for the rest of the day if I didnt drag you away from there"

Well that was very sweet i would say.
He then got off on his level and i carried on up to mine.
So two things: I must tell my mum to stop talking about me to every Tom, Dick and Harry...
But does the beautiful man has a name?
And will i meet him again?
And does he have a girlfriend more to the point?

I might need to stay here for a while, not move quite yet, just to make sure?
In the meantime. Thought this song was suitable..

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share