Friday 10 July 2009

Day off


I have the day off today, which was well needed.
I am exhausted and drained at the moment, but next week brings three days off instead of one like the last three weeks and that includes the weekend so I am looking forward to that.
I woke up to no breakfast in the fridge, how did I forget that my fridge and cupboards were empty?
Not so grown up.
My tummy was grumbling and I really didn't fancy rice cakes and water first thing so I walked down to the shop in search for something yummy.

It had been raining during the night which I was happy to see (I am probably the only one...) but as I ventured outside it had stopped, but not for long..I arrived to the shop like a drenched cat, not very attractive at all.
Back home I had a quick shower and washed my hair, then my mum turned up with grilled chicken, salad and bread "for lunch".
"I was just about to have breakfast" so good job I didn't eat before I showered.

So instead we had "brunch" and gossiped.
I love spending times like this with my mum, it doesn't get as "intense" as when I came home to visit and we had to squeeze in six months worth of missed time in five days. I can now go home to my flat and not feel guilty for not spending enough time with my parents, because I will see them again tomorrow or the next day.
I then went home with mum for a trip up to the attic to rummage in boxes of "junk" because next week we are doing a "car boot" sale (without the car), selling some books, old records and other "junk" my parents have collected in the attic for years and years and some more years.
Hopefully it wont rain, but knowing my luck, now when I have wished for rain and some cooler weather, it will be snow and hailstorms the day we put our table up to earn a few pennies for the road trip we are doing in September.

Whilst I was there I decided that right there and then was the time to look at my wedding dress. It has hung behind the door to my old bedroom since my parents came home with it from England, and I haven't felt ready to look at it, but today I ripped the plastic open and took a peak.
It is still beautiful, and I'm still sad that I never got to wear it, but I think I am ready to sell it now.
My friend Sofie has just left for two weeks holiday, but when she gets back home I will ask her to help me, she is good with thing like that, both with computers and how to sell things.

This evening will be spent watching "Twilight", its the perfect weather for it, cloudy, damp and soon dark. I will then have an early night.
A girl from work called me and asked if I wanted to come for a few drinks, but I am just too tired, I will probably be in bed by 10pm, then it's back to work at 8am tomorrow again.
I am really happy she asked me though, and I told her I really want to come next time so hopefully she will call me again.

So with that, I will bid you goodnight, I have a date with "Twilight"

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share