Wednesday 1 July 2009

I cant cope with this....


I'm literally melting!!
It is too hot and I'm suffering.
Most people say that we mustn't complain, because it wont last, and all I can say is "Thank god for that"
Yesterday I had to put a wet flannel on my head, like an old person, just to try and cool myself down.
Whats next?
Will I be sucking on ice cubes? Like my grandmother used to do when it was hot "Ooooh I need cool down from the inside child" she used to say to me when I asked her what she was doing.

I think the worse thing with the heat has got to be the fact that I have to use public transport.
So many sweaty, smelly bodies, crammed together in a bus with closed windows and no air conditioning, I have probably caught trichinosis by now.
For once I am grateful for being tall, I'm 5ft11 so at least I wont have my face pushed into someones stinky armpit.

Tonight I'm going to an art exhibition with some girls I went to school with, who both were at the reunion we had a few weeks ago.
I will be honest and admit that I'm not actually going for my love of the art, but I'm hoping it will be like the exhibitions from Charlotte's gallery in SATC...with handsome, intelligent men and champagne...
My taxi will be here soon, so I suppose I should put my face on.
Because even though it is hot, I'm not looking too hot at the moment, so it might take some time to look semi decent.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a nice thunderstorm tonight so when I get home I can watch a vampire film.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share