Tuesday 21 July 2009

Why do bad things happen to good people?



When I was a child I used to wonder what the expression "Did you get out on the wrong side of the bad this morning?" really meant?
Why would it matter what side of the bed you get out?
I can only get out of my bed one way, until the day comes when I can walk through walls that is. But I guess the expression is appropriate to use today.
I felt irate and annoyed when I woke up, for no real reason. I hoped that a warm shower would lift my mood, but unfortunately it didn't.

I did cheer up a bit when I got to work, one of my colleagues have the ability to make me smile (or want to jump off a bridge) in an instant.
Luckily today he was lovely so I felt better when I went to see my first client.
Unfortunately this gentleman decided to pee on my feet in the shower, which was not very pleasant, I nearly died.
I know he couldn't help it but it still took my uttermost to just laugh and clean myself up.

The stove in his kitchen has gone AWOL at the moment, so I had to cook his porridge oats in the microwave, has anyone done that before?
Luckily I had the plastic cupola thing covering the bowl, because it "exploded" and turned into a concrete like paste which took me almost an hour to get off from the plastic cupola thing and on the bottom from the oven and the grill.

I had to put some serious elbow grease into it and as I'm scrubbing away, I realise the porridge is gone, but I am scrubbing at something else that is burned into the "floor" of the oven. YUK!

So I obviously had to cook some more porridge, this time I watched it like a hawk!

The rest of the morning passed without any mishaps, it was chilled out and me and my colleague had a nice chat about everything and nothing.
At lunch time we split up and cooked lunch for different clients.
You would think that by now I have had my share of badness happening to me in one day, but no apparently that was not the case.
I banged my big toe on a chair and then the client rolled over it.
The same toe that I had just banged into the chair 10 seconds earlier.
I had to bite my cheek not to howl in pain, my poor client looked mortified, so I had to pretend it didn't hurt.

This is the time when I start to wonder "Why do bad things happen to good people?" "Why do bad things happen to me?"
Still, I suppose things could be worse, and even though I had a few rough times, all in all I had a good day.
Its not over yet though, I have decided to stay in, just to make sure I don't get eaten by a wild bear or run over by a fire engine.

My project for tonight is to make art.
I have an old crystal chandelier that I am picking the crystals off from.
After they have been washed I will put them in my glass vases.
It will look like I have diamonds everywhere and hopefully it will look classy and glamorous and not tacky and cheap.
I will keep you posted, unless I cut off a finger whilst taking the chandelier apart. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share