Tuesday 14 July 2009

So beautiful...


Ive had a brilliant day at work today.
Me, one of my favourite colleagues and two clients took the bus and headed off to Kiviks marknad.
Its a big market and I think it MIGHT be one of the biggest in Sweden, but don't quote me on that, I could be wrong.
It took us two hours to drive there, but it was a pleasant drive, the wind in our hairs and good conversations.
We strolled around, looking at the stalls, bought some nick knacks and ate doughnuts.
It was a bit of a struggle walking with a wheelchair, since the market is on a big fields and a bit "hilly", so we only stayed for an hour and a half.

We then drove to Ystad for lunch, which by now we were all in much need of.
Whilst driving, all I could think was "My god I live in a beautiful country".
The yellow and green fields in my county, making the ground look like a big patch quilt. The lovely farm houses where the geese and chickens are running around in the front yard.
I wouldn't mind living on a farm, but not one with live stock..I couldn't bare the smell...
Then I could have my studio and also write books.
But I guess if you live on a farm, you have to work on the farm...so maybe I will re think that thought.
After refuelling our bellies we steered the bus to Smygehuk where we ate waffles and drank coffee.
Smygehuk is the south est part of Sweden, right by the sea and it is so beautiful on that beach.
I used to have a friend who lived there, we sometimes played with the wheelie bins on the beach, she would sit on the wheelie bin and I would "drive", then stop abruptly to see how far she would be thrown. It was a lot of fun, maybe it is one of those happenings you had to be there to appreciate the fun.

We then drove home, I have just had a well deserved shower and am sitting with my feet up, slathered in "after sun" and watching the celebrations of our crown princess on the TV. It is her 32Nd birthday today and a lot of celebrities are wishing her a very happy birthday at her summer house on Oland.
Yet again, I am reminded of what a beautiful country I live in.



I have had a great day today, I'm now feeling very relaxed and looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share