Friday 31 July 2009

Blessings


It is quiet around me, apart from Don Henley singing to me from Spotify.
I am feeling peaceful and relaxed, and very happy to say that I have the greatest friends in the world.
On Wednesday I met up with Sandra, Jeanette and Carolina for a girls night on the town with great food, wine and drinks.
We went to a place called Granden (translated to the Alley) where you sit outdoors.
I ate kebabs with chips and sauces which was delicious and the best thing is that they fill up on the chips, potato gratin and sauces if you want it.
We were one of the last parties to leave and we ventured into the "little square" where we drank mojitos until 01.30am.
A great great night with lots of gossip and catch up.

Yesterday was a very lazy day and I wore my pyjamas until lunch time (pretty much the same as today) before I drove to my friend who lives outside of Malmo, she had cooked a gorgeous chicken with rice and sauce.
It was so nice to see her again and catch up with her and her husband.
Ive known Mia since we were children, we lived in the same block of flats and used to run around on the playground together.
We went through a rocky patch when we were 18 and the boy I was madly in love with fell in love with her instead, but we got through it and today she is married to a much better man and has two beautiful children.

I am working this weekend and since I have been off the past 2 weekends and now had 3 days off I am feeling good and ready to work, almost looking forward to it.
Next week I'm meeting up with Sofie, she has promised to help me take photos of my wedding dress and advertise it on the Swedish equivalent to EBay.
I'm split in two over if I should sell it or not however...
I look at it and my heart hurts, because I love the dress.
Some people have told me that I "have to get rid of it because I bought it to marry Steven in and it is bad luck otherwise" or something else stupid...
I don't think I see it the same way though...
It would have been different if I had gotten married in that dress and we then got divorced....but I never actually wore it....
The other thing that is in a way torturing me, is the fact that my mum paid £1500 for that dress...And whereas I'm not expecting to get that much for it, I don't want to sell for under £1000.
I think I rather save it, and if I one day find myself in the position of getting married again, I can decide then if I want to wear it or not.
I have a friend whose mother is very good with a needle and thread who I am sure could help me with alterations.

But I will see if someone is interested in buying it and don't try to take advantage with the price. So keep your fingers crossed and I will keep you posted on how things are progressing.

Again I feel blessed that I have such amazing friends who are so great to be around and who make me really happy.
There is just one person missing who would make everything perfect.
But a girl cant have everything, Swedish is a difficult language to learn.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share