Thursday 14 May 2009

DREAMS

I'm working the grave yard shift tonight.
Trying to stay awake til 7.15 tomorrow morning, which might not be as easy as it sounds.
I nodded off a while ago and dreamt about my favourite book when I was 3 or 4 years old.
It was called "The goose's egg" and was a picture book about a goose who was about to lay an egg and tried to find a safe place for it.
Ive been dreaming about this book a couple of times this last week, which is a bit strange, normally my dreams aren't as tame as a children's book.
And it also made me realise that I haven't had any of my trademark weird dreams since I came back home.
Ive had mostly dreamless sleeps, or at least no dreams has stayed with me as they used to.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I feel settled and so happy to be at home?
How much has our dreams really got to do with our waken state of mind?
Is it REALLY a way for our brain to "sort out" our emotions and what we go through when we are awake?

So is this a "sign" to myself that I can relax now?
Everything will be fine?
And I will be happy now?
I'm not expecting to be deliriously happy all day, everyday for the rest of my life, but in general, happy for the rest of my life.

Wouldn't that be nice?
I will stay in this state of mind I'm in for the time being, just feeling happy and relaxed, and pray that it won't go away just yet.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share