Saturday 2 May 2009

People in my house

Ive met my landlady one more time, but I hear her if she is in her conservatory, because she has such a broad "south of Sweden" accent.
I found myself copying her way of talking and had to watch myself and how I pronounced my words...

Yesterday there was a knock on my door, I had just had a shower so was still only wearing a towel and found myself shouting "Hang on" (in English)
After finding something to wear (that didnt match unfortunately) I opened the door and there was a man who introduced himself as..?? I cant remember what his name is...
He said he had heard that someone had moved in and he wanted to introduce himself..
It was obviously the neighbour who lives on the top floor.

That is very nice and polite of him I'd say..
Then he carried on telling me he is just filling up the freezer, he is a fisherman, has his own boat and goes out everyday to catch fish...
Oh right, well thats nice.....I hate fish....
And yesterday he got salmon sausages!!
???..ok.... Is that something that you catch in a net?
Do you see sausages swimming in the sea?
Im not a keen diver so I dont really know...but I would have said there is no such thing as "Salmon sausage" in the sea..?
He shook these things in my face and asked if I wanted a couple?
"Eurgh..."
I declined politely and said I am allergic to food from the sea, people are much more understanding if you say you are allergic insted of admitting that you actually dont like something
"You are so spoiled! Just eat it for goodness sake, it wont kill you"
Well maybe not, but I dont like vomiting, so......Thanks but Ill pass this time...
Im not too keen on sausages either come to think of it, it has to be high quality and with leeks or apples in the mix aswell....
So to just think of a fish sausage...makes my stomach turn a bit...

Hopefully he wont try to force give me anything else fishy, or that he will cook too many fishy dishes that will poison the air in the house.
Then Ill just move.

1 comment:

sam said...

I totally agree with you, not being a fishy person myself.I hate fish cannot stand the smell of it and also vomit. Fish is band from my house.

Loved the story was very well written.

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share