Sunday 21 June 2009

A day out

I have been to visit my friend Jeanette today, she lives outside of town so I took the train.
It felt like I was going on an adventure and I was a little bit giddy (silly, I am aware of that..)
I got to meet her two gorgeous sons and we had tea in her garden.
Typical of Swedish summer weather we sat in the sun, almost sweating one minute, the next we had to go inside because the rain had started to fall.
But when I took the train back home the sun was out again.

One of the things I like the most about being home is meeting up with my friends from school.
Like today, catch up and chill out.
I'm meeting with another friend on Tuesday, I don't know if we will have a quick lunch or meet after work for a drink or dinner or something else.
I hope I will stay in touch with these girls, they really are great and I hope we can become good friends again, not just people we once went to school with..

We are having another reunion in September, and this time the boys get to come too, which will be fun.
Those boys we used to make into superheroes or villains with our very innocent imaginations and naive minds, those boys we used to play "spin the bottle" or "truth or dare" with, before we grew up into moody adolescent teenagers with spots and pms.
It will be a fun night, for sure.
We were good kids and I'm pretty sure we all grew up to be good adults (even though I don't see myself as a grown up quite yet..)

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share