Thursday 4 June 2009

Trendy? Hip? Latest fashion??


I'm watching a home decorating program.
And I'm a bit confused.
Its called "Design: Simon and Tomas"
Tomas is Swedish and Simon is English, Simon appears to understand Swedish, but he doesn't actually SPEAK any..
So Tomas (I believe they are a couple) speaks in Swedish and Simon answers him in English..
It is absolutely bizarre and my brain is spinning, trying to understand what the hell is happening.

You might think that I wouldn't have a problem understanding since I speak both Swedish and English, but quite the opposite I find myself reading the subtitles (and then getting annoyed when I realise the translation is crap)
And when they speak Swedish, its like double dutch, it makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Is this the latest trend?
Is this they way it will be in the future?
I don't like it, is it a sign that I'm getting old?

Somehow i am loving this program anyway..
The best bit is when Frederik says:
"We need a lot of forvaring, it needs to be mysigt, but no krims krams, no lull lull"
Surely I'm not the only one who finds it a tinsy bit odd?
For you non Swedish speaking people I will translate it.
It means "We need a lot of STORAGE, it needs to be COSY, but no TITTLE TATTLE"

I have decided that I actually love the show, is there any
thing better than 2 amazingly gay men argue, and speak some sort of Swenglish, and keep amaze each other with how the half of the public lives?
In an UGLY flat or house?

Its just rude with so much ugliness!
Don't you agree?
And then there is the chain smoking fag hag.
Must not forget her!

It is now time for me to curl up in bed, on my new mattress I bought today.
Mysigt!

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share