Tuesday 16 June 2009

Where are they now?


What makes a person popular?
And what defines a popular person?
How do you recognise a popular person?
And how do you know if you are popular or not?

When I was in school, it was the children who everyone else fancied, that was the popular ones.
They were the ones who were the prettiest/cutest and I think that the rest of us somehow thought their prettiness would rub off on us and make us prettier and cuter if we were privileged enough to get to hang out with them.
But were they happy I wonder?
Did their pretty faces and cute dimples give them happiness?
Were they aware of how they affected the rest of us?

I don't know if it was the reunion on Saturday (which I am still "tripping" from by the way) that has triggered an even stronger wish of wanting to know what happened to all my other class mates?
Where are those pretty ones?
Are they still pretty?
Are they still popular?
Are they living off their looks?
I know one of the girls in my class went to France to work as a model for a while.
Was she very successful?
Did she meet Tyra Banks and the other super models?

What happened to the cocky boys who studied hard and played hard (I was told they did)?
Are they investment bankers?
Architects?
Engineers?
What happened to the girl who sat next to me in 9th grade?
She was just as absent as I was, the difference was that her parents would pay for her to study at a very expensive private school, so she didn't bother to study at all.
Did they pay?
Did she study?
Or has she married rich and is a lady who eats lunch a lot?

Who has moved abroad?
Apart from myself?

I don't feel a burning desire to meet them all, I just want to know what they got up to after that sunny day when we finished 9th grade in 1992?
I guess I will be wondering for a while...

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share