Sunday 7 June 2009

A trip down memory lane

I have been to my parents for sunday dinner today, and I found a box on top of a wardrobe with a carefully written and cellortaped note on the lid.
"CD's, tapes and videos, can come to England when needed"
I found a stash of CD's and tapes, I for some reason had left here and never taken with me on any of my trips back to England..
I took it home with me and I am now plonked on the floor listening to the CD's and reminiscing, drinking vodka.
Since I havent got a tape recorder I checked YouTube to see if I was in luck?
And I am!!!!

They are all there..E-type, Rob n Raz, Leila K, Michael Learns To Rock, Stefan Anderson and Pandora....
And so many memories are flooding my mind, my heart and my soul...
They each carry a different memory from a different time, with different people, different friends...
I dont know where to start..

But I think it has to be E-type who goes first..



He was ridiculous even back then, but we loved him.
I wanted to be the girl who is dancing in the background.
Or she is hardly in the back ground is she..?
I thought it would be a great job to just "shake your thang" like that, wearing great clothes (now I look at her and think she is virtually naked for goodness sake...)

One day Teddy told me she had dreamt that she had sex with E-type and it was AMAZING!
So she made it her life time mission to have sex with him before she dies!
So far it hasnt happened, but her husband knows the score and she has his permission should the situation arise....

Who is next?
PANDORA


This is my claim to fame..
If you look carefully you will see a tall man, glasses (normal glasses, not sun glasses) and without shirt.
I KNOW HIM
We used to work together and I had the most humungus crush on him you could ever imagine...
You dont have to be a genius to realise he wasnt intrested in me, or women at all for that matter.
But I became his fag hag, A saying I had never heard before but he taught me, I was his Grace and he was my Will but much much cooler than them...

The search continues (and Im on my second vodka) and I find THIS!
Sorry, no video...but does anyone else remeber the song?


It was the summer of 1994, I had graduated and felt like I was on top of the world, that summer was the world cup and Sweden came 4th and was greated as heros when they came home.
I had met (in my eyes) the sexiest man alive, unfortunately the feeling wasnt mutual and he went for my best friend instead, I was heartbroken, but got over it, it was the summer of my graduation!
I loved life.

Ok, this is the last one, otherwise i will probably bore you to death...


Its by a "one hit wonder" Swedish guy, Stefan Anderson.
I used to listen to it and think of THAT boy.
I had met him on New Years eve of 1992, and I fell madly in love as soon as I laid my blue eyes on him.
Me and Alexandra had been invited to a party by Madeleine who was in our class.
I think it was my first real party, but I think I made a good job of not showing how nervous I was.
We had been shopping in the sale a couple of days before hand and turned up looking pretty much identical.
We had black (or grey) long skirts and white blouses with "frills".
It was THE look in 1992 I tell you.
Anyway, back to the boy..
I was in love with him through the whole of college, but he went to USA to try and sell Swedish coffee (what a bloody stupid idea was that?) but he came home a year later, just in time for my party at home when my parents were on holiday.
We were 3 girls and I think 6 or 7 boys (how did that come about? Ive never been the one with male friends..)
Patrik was one of them, and since he lived outside of town, he had to stay the night..
When I woke up the next morning with a cheeky grin on my face I was no longer a virgin.
I think his betrayal was so bad because he wouldnt talk to me after he left (with the promise that he WOULD call) I called him a billion times a day but his parents always said that he wasnt at home, if I could go back in time and give myself some advice it would have been Dont call him anymore, you are worth more than that.
Well I might have adviced myself not to sleep with him in the first place, he wasnt worth all that heartache.
They never are, are they.
I wonder if there is anyone who can say that Yes I made a complete fool of myself, he treated me like crap and he never loved me, not even a little bit, but hey its ok, it was still worth it.
I dont think there is anyone who deserves our hearts, if they wont treat it with care.

I know I said that was the last song, but I just HAVE to play this one aswell, it is so wonderfully bad, I love it, it makes me smile and want to dance like my mum.
Hope you enjoy it.


Good isnt it?
Im gonna drink some more vodka and carry on reminiscing about the wonderful 90s and the good times.
Will you join me?

Oh, sorry just one more....



These guys, Rob n Raz, (short for Robert and Rasmus..) were SO cool, and I adored the woman, again I wanted to be like her, a pop star.
I knew I couldnt sing to save my life, but looking at this video I knew that wasnt necessary..as long as you had confidence and a good body, something I was working on, but didnt get very far.

My spell check isnt working, so apologises for any misspellings....
Hope you have enjoyed remebering the good times with me.
Night night.

1 comment:

Annika W said...

Loved it!!! ..and the music - I'm an 80's girl and still stuck in the 'zone' so it's nice to advance to the 90's.

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share