Tuesday 23 June 2009

A good day

I had Thai food for lunch today.
I love Thai food, and I love the country it comes from, its the most beautiful place I have ever been to and I hope to return soon.

But I wasn't planning on writing a travel piece today.
I wanted to write about my lunch company.
A wonderful person (I should write woman, because she is, but I can see her and myself giggling hysterically at the word "woman", it sounds too grown up) and friend who I went to school with and have some great memories with.

It was so great to see her and chat over good food, about what we want out of life now and what we thought was important then.
She studied to become a journalist and also want to write a book, a novel, like me.
So we decided to form a "writing group" where we write and read each others work and give good constructive criticism.
It obviously demands discipline, which I hope I have...but am not convinced I do.
Just yet anyway, since I'm sitting in front of the TV right now, watching SATC (and gazing at Kyle Maclachlan's six pack..) only writing a few words that I'm not convinced makes sense when you put them together.

Meeting up with Frida made me think of friendship and those bonds you make when you are young can last for a long time even if you don't see or talk to each other for several years.
Frida is one of those people I need and want in my life, she is easy to get on with and I feel relaxed and that I can be myself in her company.
I'm sure with time we will talk more about our heartaches and worries and I hope we will stay good friends for a long time, well maybe even for the rest of time.

I am now in a pickle, since the washing machine seems to have broken down, with my clothes still in the "barrel", there is no water left, but I just cant open the door.
And I don't know what to do, I knocked on the neighbours door, but he didn't open.....
I might leave a note for him, begging for help like the poor weak woman that I am....
Goodness me...why isn't things just easy sometimes?

I'm gonna leave you with this song Ive heard a few times on the radio and I adore, I feel it fits today, it has a summery beat to it and I think it is about friendship.
Goodnight all

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share