Saturday 13 June 2009

Friends


Last night I went round my friends house for a girls night.
There was 5 of us and 6 babies.
We ate Mexican and drank wine (well, I didn't drink wine because I was driving) and talked about "the old times" before there was babies and husbands (their babies and husbands)
It was such a lovely evening, just what I needed and what I miss the most.
Just a bunch of girls, talking, laughing and smiling.
We looked through photo albums and cringed at our hair and clothes (I really didn't have a clue....)
I looked at myself and I wonder why I thought I was so fat?
I wasn't, I was curvy, and would have benefited from some guidance with what clothes to wear and someone should have told me my hair was not good...
Where was Gok Wan and Trinny and Susanna back then??

Tonight is another night out with girls, its the night of my elementary school reunion.
We are 8 girls, some of them I haven't seen and talked to for 20 odd years.
Now when I think about it, this week is 20 years since we finished elementary school..
That's good timing isn't it?

We are meeting at a restaurant I haven't been to before and tonight I'm drinking wine.
And maybe I will try a mojito for the first time.
Haha
I have been told there is often live music in the evenings which I like, its a good ice breaker to bop along with good music.
There is however the risk that we don't talk at all, just listen to the music, I doubt that however.
I'm getting ready for and looking forward to a great night out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hej Maria...rena partyhelgen för dig :-)
Japp, där ett band som ska vara riktigt bra..har förfrågat mig då jag känner lite musiker som spelar där.
Tror nog inte att där kommer vara ngt problem att hitta samtalsämne, speciellt inte efter ett par mojjito..eller hur dt nu stavas hehehe..
Ses snart!!
KramV

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share