Thursday 10 December 2009

Good but exhausting day



Today I had my last English exam. I had to write an essay of two A4 pages, arguing "Lots of choices is freedom" or if there are just "Too many options". I had one hour and forty minutes to do this in and it wasn't as easy as it sounds. I have been exhausted the whole day and had to have a nap as soon as I got home. Otherwise I would have fallen asleep at the gospel concert I went to tonight.
My dear friend Mia, whom I grew up with is in a gospel choir which is celebrating twenty years as a group this year.
It was a lovely evening, I went with my mum and she enjoyed it too. In the car on our way home she asked me if I ever had the ambition to sing in a choir? And as much as I enjoy listening and watching other people perform it is not something I ever longed to do myself. I can now long for the friendship you develop when you meet people who are passionate about the same thing as you are.
I hoped that I would feel like that when I joined the writing course, but unfortunately that didnt happen, probably since we only met six times...nothing can develop in six meetings...

I will soon go to bed, I am exhausted. Tomorrow I am baking gingerbread cookies before work. Then it is the final of Idol tomorrow night, which I will watch with Sofie at her house. Her husband is on a work do, so we will have the house to ourselves, might drink a glass of wine or two and have girly gossip.
So what will todays christmas video be?
I need to go on to Youtube to have a look.
Wait here.
Oh Micke found the perfect one! Since I have been to a gospel concert tonight, I thought it perfect with some christmas gospel. What do you think?
Aretha Franklin is the Queen!
Sit back and enjoy!

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share