Wednesday 23 December 2009

The night before

Tomorrow is christmas eve and santa is hopefully finding his way around all the houses in Sweden. I never understood the people who said that christmas is only one day. I would say it is a lot of stress and panic for just one day...for me christmas is the whole of December, it is a warm feeling in my tummy and a time to spend with my family and friends and eat some extra delicious food.
The core of christmas is obviously christmas eve (or christmas day in other countries) when santa comes, and you spend the day feeling happy and cosy indoors with your parents. Christmas in my family was never hectic, because I havent got a big family, my grandparents on my dads side died before I was born and my dad has no sisters or brothers. My mum has a brother and we get along fine, I love him to bits but he was always a bit of a loner and preffered to be with his wife in Russia over christmas. So it is just me and my parents at christmas, I know that for people with huge families it sounds really weird, but I dont know anything different so how can I compare? I dont know how I would cope if I met a man with hundreds of family members that all needed to be visited at christmas...

I am feeling much better today, but I will not work tomorrow, I need to rest and get 100% well before I go to London. My nose is not so blocked anymore, but instead I have a cough and sore throat and I have almost lost my voice. When I tried to take a nap a little while ago I kept waking myself up "grunting" and making weird noises, something I do when I have a cold and cough. So we shal see how well I sleep tonight,hopefully it will all be gone tomorrow.
I have a few christmas presents to wrap, and I am making christmas candy in a little while before settling in the sofa and watching "SYTYCD".



Yes he is definately coming to town!

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share