Sunday 6 December 2009

SHOCKING!!!



I realise that my time in England has turned me into a bit of a prude. Maybe even turned me more English than Swedish, and now when I am back I find myself "gasping" at some peoples language and sometimes behaviour, thinking "Oh my GOD! That is horrendous behaviour!" almost every day.
I shal give you a few examples: Any show airing in England (on tv or radio) before
9pm has certain rules of what sort of language is allowed (by law!!!) to use. They are not allowed to swear or talk too detailed about sex unless it is for educational purposes.
There are no such rules in Sweden....The show hosts use "Fuck, shit, cunt, cock" etc freely whatever time of day it may be.

I was listening to a radio station (which is also shown on tv between 6.30am and
9am) one morning whilst eating my breakfast when I had to stop eating due to the grosness of the woman who had called in. The three hosts were talking about bad smells and the listeners were encouraged to phone in and share their worse smell. Someone called in and said that the smell of off prawns were vile, someone else said dog poo and menure was not very pleasant. Then, and this is the grosest thing I have ever heard! A woman calls in and says that "the morning after smell" is not pleasant. The three hosts and me included thought she meant the morning after you have been drinking, so you smell like a mix of alcohol, sweat, kebab and possibly even vomit. I agreed that it didnt sound very nice, then she says "I mean when you have sex during the night and then go to sleep without washing and wake up with stale sperm in your fanny"

The studio went quiet for a few seconds and since they also showed it on tv I could see that the hosts looked at each other with confusion and panic written all over their faces.
I had to put my cereals down and breath through my mouth as not to gag!
I mean...come on!!!!! Who shares something like that with the rest of the nation? Dirrrty girl!!!

And just now, I am listening to some chilled out tunes on spotify and a comercial comes on. A woman calls her husband/boyfriend from the shop asking if they have cereal or if she should get some whilst she is out? Then she asks if they need anything else?
"Yes" the man says in a seductive/pervy voice "but it has nothing to do with food"
"What? Really on a wednesday?" the woman asks? and she sounds surprised.
They finish the conversation with saying "Tuch tuch"
At this point I am still not sure what this comercial is for....being prude (and maybe naive) like an english person? Then comes "the voice" and says "For adult fun, the rub and glide. Now in all major grocery stores"
WTF???
Comecial for sex aides on a site where children has access to it??? And they sell it in my local grocery store??
What has the world come to??
I feel that my hand reaches up to my throat like I should have a string of pearls to nervously play with.
What has happened to me?

Shocking!

I better play something christmassy to calm myself down.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share