Tuesday 29 December 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR



This will be my last blogpost for 2009. Tomorrow I am setting off to London and Donna, and I wont have the opportunity to write until next week/next year.
I am so excited about seeing Donna and meeting her new man, we are just gonna chill, catch up and gossip in the pub. It will be great, I know it will.

This time last year I was heartbroken, ill with the flu and spent the days crying in my pillow. I made the decission to move back to Sweden at this time last year.
So if I reflect on this year, if I look back, what have I learned?

I have learned that time is a great, great healer. That out of sight, eventually becomes out of mind. I stopped dreaming and wishing that He would turn up on my doorstep asking me to come back to England. I stopped hoping that He would record a "mixed tape" (or mixed cd) with powerbalads to describe His undying love for me. And I stopped wondering if He still thought about me, as much as I used to think about Him.
I cant say that it has been a really bad year for me. It started out bad, with me thinking that I would never laugh again. Ever! I came home, to Sweden, and my old room in my parents flat, in pieces. I was still convinced that, it would be a long long while before I laughed again
It wasn't that long though. I threw myself into a new social life, and I know I have said this a million times before but I have to say it again, I wouldnt be where I am today if it wasnt for the great girls I have got to know again.
These women who has opened their lives for me to fit in and feel welcomed.
I am very very lucky to have them in my life, and I love them dearly.
And just because I now live in Sweden doesnt mean that I have lost my friends in England, I have always said that true friendship doesnt end. You dont grow apart from a true friend. So even if I dont get to see them every week anymore, they still hold a special place in my heart.

What else have I learned in 2009?
I have learned that exercise is actually good....yes I have joined the crowd who enjoys exercise. Or maybe enjoy is a bit harsh to say...but the fact is that I have had back problems pretty much my whole life, sometimes more sometimes less. And since september I have also had a pain in my hip (like a 70 year old!) and I have been feeling rotten. I then joined a gym and went two or three times a week and after three weeks the pain was gone! This week whilst beeing ill I havent been to the gym (since exercising with a fever is never good I heard,) and the pain is back!
So I really can not wait to start again, and get back into my routine and ban that pain from ever coming back.
So to sum up the year, it has been medium. It has been ok. I have actually learned a lot about myself (I think) and am ready for a new, fresh start. I am ready for a new beginning.
And who knows? This time next year I might have that special person in my life?
With whom I will plan my future.
I feel it is my turn now.
2010 needs to be my year!

The song I have chosen today is of course, Happy New Year with ABBA....

Let me wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share