Monday 30 March 2009

CAMERON

Cameron is Sally and Alex's oldest son.
He is 11 years old (12 this summer!) and I have known him since he was 11 months old.
The first time I saw him, on the evening when I arrived to Sally and Alex's house he was wearing a blue pyjamas and sleeping so peacefully in his cot.
The next morning he was sitting in his "pen" playing with his toys and when he saw me he smiled and stretched his arms out for me to pick him up.

Cameron gave his room up for me so I could live and look after him while Sally and Alex worked to save up for their wedding.
Me and Cameron grew very close, I used to take him for walks in the forest that was close to our house, and he would sit and point to all the birds and trees and screech with delight.
As he grew a bit older he developed an interests for trains and obviously Thomas the tank engine was the favourite.
Cameron knew (and possibly still knows) the name of every single character in the "Thomas stories" and knew most of the storybooks by heart (I sometimes tried to cheat when reading to him...but was always caught out and told off)
He was also very interested in dinosaurs and knew the name of a lot of them.
It might even be the case that he knows the name of EVERY dinosaur there ever was BUT I don't want to put too much pressure on him just in case he reads this one day.

When we moved down to the seaside Cameron started school.
I was almost as proud as Sally and Alex the first day he went to school in his brand new school uniform.
School was easy for Cameron and he was very popular among the other children, the birthday parties were always a blur with 100 (well...it seemed like it) children running around screaming and eating too many E-numbers.

Cameron has got an amazing imagination, I remember one day we were in the kitchen with Alex and Cameron asked if he could have a "mini roll" so Alex gave him one and Cameron there and then made up a song about the mini roll.
Me and Alex laughed until we very nearly cried.
For a very long time Cameron had a girlfriend called Charlotte who he went to nursery school with and even though they went to different "big schools" and Cameron had lots of female friends, he was faithful to Charlotte and they planned their future together, Cameron would work at Hornby toy factory and Charlotte in an office, they would be married have 3 children.
I often wished that my life was that easy and straight forward..

I cant believe that Cameron will become a teenager next year, time flies so quickly and I feel privileged and am so happy that i have been here to see him grow to be this amazing, funny and sweet young boy.
I hope he will come and visit me in Sweden one day, I cant wait to show him all the fun things in my city, and maybe he will decide to study abroad for a while, and come and spend 3 years in Sweden with me!
That would be great.

I have no pictures of Cameron either...
But I will show you our favourite show we used to watch together.



No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share