Friday 13 March 2009

Rude, insulting but comforting words

I think I am developing stress related Tourettes...
The word that has been popping out of my mouth all day today is "whore!!"
Said not very loudly but very passionately, and as soon as the word has flown out of my mouth I feel so much better.

Today my stress reached a new level.
Today is my pay day, I always look forward to this day with the excitement of a child at Christmas, only to be fairly disappointed since as soon as the money has gone into my account it gets taken out again, by rent, bills and tax...

But I nearly had a heart attack when I read my statement this morning...
Surely that couldn't be right??
And it wasn't.
My boss had "forgot" to add 53 (!) hrs I did last month.
Which means I'm £300 ish short!
The big boss will be in on Monday and sort it out...

Its not as bad as it could be, my bills don't get taken from my account until the end of the month so Ive a few days leeway...
But still..
I had planned to spoil myself before going to work today, now that went down the drain...

Thankfully my (hopefully) temporary tourettes kept itself at bay and i didn't shout Whore!! at my boss...
Could see me not getting a good reference to take with me to Sweden...

I am fully aware of that calling someone a whore is neither big or clever and certainly not nice or lady like.
And I would like to point out that its not something I normally call other people, at least not their face...

I have calmed down somewhat, had a good shift at work and tonight is "Red nose day" and I'm watching "Comic Relief" on BBC 1.
For you who don't live in UK and is wondering "WTF?? Red nose who?"
This is a charity that works mainly in Africa and the UK to give people a better life.
Celebrities will "do funny things" and raise a lot of money for the charity.
I love the lead up to this event, you meet people in the shops or at work who raise money themselves and might shave off their eye brows, or a lot of men will wax their legs, chest or whole bodies.
All in the name of charity.
I love it and get rather carried away in my enthusiasm about the different acts but it is also heart breaking watching the people both in England and Africa who suffers so badly from Malaria, abuse or die in childbirth.

I admire the people who work so hard for the things they believe in and the amazing things they do for other people.
It makes me want to do something more than just call in or txt and donate £10.
I wonder if I could set up "Comic relief" in Sweden?
Or maybe there already is something similar?

I however got my spirits very rudely dampened by a friend I talked on the phone to earlier this evening.
"I would never waste my time with watching something like that. Everyone knows that all the money donated are always lost on taxes and wages"
Well how optimistic one can be...
I don't understand how one person can be so negative and boring.
It is a really good, funny program, and its for charity!
What did I say to her?
"Shut up you whore!"

I felt so much better afterwards.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share